Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Structures
Mechanic- Level 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
candidate will perform a variety of operations to assemble and make major
assembly structures such as fuselage panels and bulkheads, and structural
subassemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers.
- Read and understand blueprints
- Translate blueprints into fabrications of structural
assemblies to include: precision drilling, countersinking, and the use of
- Aligning parts on jigs using templates and fixtures
- Performing part-fitting operations: filing sawing,
burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify
- May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to
incorporate changes to structure and verify quality in accordance with
statistical process or other control procedures
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 9
months structures/sheet metal experience in an aerospace, automotive,
military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment OR Must have a
minimum of 2.0 or higher GPA upon completion of Aircraft
Fabrication courses OR A&P certificate program.
- Must be able to
perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include:
bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work
in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam.
- The ability to
obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance and program access prior
to beginning work
- The ability to work 1st 5 am 3:30 pm or 2nd
shift 4:12 pm 2:42 am and any work schedule
- Active DOD Secret Clearance with an investigation
date/periodic review within the last 6 years.
- Experience with structural subassemblies such as
rudders, flaps and stabilizers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to
hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please
visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.