At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a System Test Engineer in support of the F-35 program at NAS Patuxent River, MD.
System Test Engineer in the role of a Flight Test Engineer to support flight test planning, ground and test operations on F-35 B/C aircraft at the Integrated Test Force located on NAS Patuxent River, MD.
Responsibilities include support of all flight test activities to include test planning, pre and post briefings, coordination of events, test card preparation, and real-time data monitoring for all Air Vehicle and Mission Systems developmental test programs. Candidate shall display professionalism, leadership characteristics, a strong work ethic, and must work well with others as a team member of an integrated team. Some travel may be required, to include detachments lasting several weeks at a time.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and publish test plans, flight test cards, test schedules, and test procedures.
- Coordinate with other organizations to ensure safe and effective execution of ground and flight test activities.
- Interface with Air Vehicle design and analysis functions to develop test and test data requirements.
- Specify test article configurations and coordinate the integration of test modifications with air vehicle engineering and manufacturing organizations.
- Identify and coordinate the availability of test facilities and test ranges with company, subcontractor, and government agencies.
- Execute ground and flight tests in accordance with established test plans and procedures.
- Participate in post-test data evaluation and problem identification and resolution. Prepare and publish test summaries and test reports.
Careers Site: NGFeaturedJobs
- 5+ Years in Engineering with a Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM), OR 3+ years with Masters in STEM, OR 0+ Years with a PH.D in STEM
- Current Department of Defense Secret clearance required to start
- Must be able to obtain access to a Special Access Program
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and travel for repeated short periods is essential
- Test experience of multiple disciplines, to include control room monitoring. Previous qualification as a Test Conductor.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to brief test results to executive leadership.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.