At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible
opportunities to work on revolutionary hardware that impact peoples lives
around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom
and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the
universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering
spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the
way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and
bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what
others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an opening for a
Financial Cost/Control Analyst 3 / 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA and support the
Space ISR Systems Divisions Integrated National Systems Business Unit,
Integrated Mission Control.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Sets up cost control system,
monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost
schedule control system.
- Performs analyses and prepares reports
in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters
and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepares budgets and schedules for
contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding
profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Prepares program plans to ensure
program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
- Performs schedule risk assessments
to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks. Ensures adequate funding
availability by maintaining accurate records.
- Financial forecasting and reporting;
profitability analysis; variance analysis; and cash flow and working capital
- Cross-functional interfacing,
including with Global Supply Chain, Contracts, Pricing, and Program Management.
- Subcontractor invoicing and funding.
- Estimate-at-Complete (EAC)
preparation and review.
- Review of contractual document.
- Assistance with contract
- Support of pricing and proposal
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
- Bachelors degree with 6 years of
related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 4 years of
related professional experience.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 4:
- Bachelors degree with 10 years of
related professional experience - OR - a Master's degree with 8 years of
related professional experience.
Additional Basic qualifications for
- Experience in cost management,
finance management, or pricing & estimating.
- Experience successfully managing and
producing data with strict deadlines.
- Strong PC skills and proficient
knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Current TS/SCI clearance. US
citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Experience with SAP Software,
specifically Project Systems (PS) module, COGNOS TM1, MPM.
- Experience collaborating with
technical functions or a project/program.
- Executive presentation skills.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of
MS Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, sumif, conditional formatting, etc.).
- Defense Industry experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.