Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is seeking a Sustainability Analyst to join our Environmental, Safety, Health and Medical team. The position will report to the NGAS Sustainability / greeNG Manager.
Responsibilities will be in support of Northrop Grummans greeNG initiative, which encompasses reducing the Companys environmental impact, employee engagement in environmental topics, and community outreach events.
Specific functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the data collection and data management systems required for the environmental performance metrics, including waste diversion data, water usage, utility data, etc for the sector
- Leading the analysis of sector data to identify and resolve anomalies, forecast future utility usage, and identify reduction opportunities
- Conducting sector reporting in coordination with the sector greeNG Manager
- Supporting greeNG Site Leads with responsibilities including calculations related to metrics and project management
- Identifying potential opportunities to collaborate with other sites within the sector, and across sectors, and supporting the implementation of feasible projects
- Presenting environmental performance metrics to management
- Supporting sector responses to corporate data/reporting requests
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in STEM and 2 years of experience in an engineering environment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Mid-level or higher proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and multi-task with strong facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well and develop relationships with customers, suppliers, or stakeholders
- Experience using pivot tables and other data manipulation tools
- Experience with sustainability programs, waste management, water management, and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated ability to work with, or quickly learn, existing data management systems to manipulate data
- Highly self-motivated with ability to prioritize tasks and communicate changing priorities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.