At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
The Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Specialty Systems Engineering Department is seeking a highly qualified candidate for a Tactical Laser Core Module (TLCM) System Safety Engineer, responsible for System Safety engineering and support, to provide the engineering team with application of safety policies and guidance. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will provide support to TLCM and other future laser programs as required, as well as other System Engineering tasks. You will interface with team members and System Engineering management to ensure high quality products are generated on time and within the resources available.
- You will be responsible for Safety and System Engineering on the Integration of TLCM, conducting safety analyses on the TLCM platform and subsystems, supporting system engineering competency and activities, generating Safety sections for the capability and requirement specifications, interfacing with integration and test personnel and events, reviewing the content and details of technical products, and acting as a technical interface to other system engineering personnel on an as required basis
- You will be required to independently complete safety analysis including Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), Subsystem Hazard Analysis (SSHA), Test Hazard Analyses (THA), and support incorporating updates into the existing Hazard Tracking System (HTS) records and Safety Analysis Report (SAR)
- You will be part of an integrated team tasked with defining the physical, functional, and technical architecture necessary to describe the desired capabilities of an evolving TLCM program
- You will support all task orders performing System Safety Engineering tasking including customer interaction and briefings, for safety impact and criticality of all requirements
You will be heavily integrated in the I&T process, and it is crucial to ensure all Safety Critical TLCM capabilities stay on schedule, and support both the internal TLCM Safety Team, as well as customer reviews
- Bachelors degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university, and 5+ years of Systems Safety or Systems Engineering experience in an Aerospace environment OR
Masters degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university, and 3+ years of Systems Safety or Systems Engineering experience in an Aerospace environment, OR
Ph.D. in Systems Safety
System Engineering background with specialization in System and Software Safety
Active DoD Secret clearance (or higher)
In depth knowledge of Systems Engineering concepts, principles, and techniques
Experience in Safety of laser systems
Understanding of DoD safety programs highly desired
Familiarity and Understanding of Mil-Std-882E
Excellent communications skills desired (written and oral)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.