At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening well qualified Principal Quality Management System Auditor to support our Aerospace Systems Sector. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Auditor is responsible for performing assignments on individual internal Quality Management System (QMS) audits, as part of the total Sector-wide internal QMS audit plan. The Auditor will participate as audit team member, and Lead Auditor on various audits throughout the audit plan, to verify and validate the NGAS AS9100/IS0 9001 Quality Management System. Work performed will include coverage of sector functional and operating units, with a focus on QMS processes at the Sector, Division, Center of Excellence and Program levels.
- Assisting in the development of internal QMS audit objectives & scope, performing internal QMS audits and documenting results of the work performed.
- Perform examination of the Quality Management System (QMS) and its various elements in order to ensure its effectiveness, including observing evidence of continuous improvement.
- Perform audits based on the latest AS9100 standard.
- Identify major findings, minor findings, opportunities for improvement and observations, and report information to the process owner.
- Initiate, review, and approve corrective action responses and evaluate effectiveness of implemented corrective action(s) related to audit findings.
Additionally, the auditor will participate in facilitation of Customer, Defense Contract Management Agency, and third-party AS9100/ISO 9001 certification audit activity.
The Auditor performs follow-up on the closure status of outstanding internal audit issues. The Auditor may also assist Audit management with periodic internal status reporting and metrics, developing the internal audit plan, coordinating activities with the certification body, preparing quality management system reviews, and participation as an independent resource throughout the sector.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management. Exhibit the leadership skills needed to gain managements acceptance of audit outcomes (findings, opportunities, observations). Good project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet established deadlines. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Solid understanding of the root cause and corrective action process.