At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an immediate opportunity for a Program Manager 2 - F-35 Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, based in Redondo Beach, CA.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
In this position, your key roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the Control Account Manager (CAM) responsible for all contract level Sustaining Labor and Non-Labor Dollar control accounts on the F-35 Program; provide oversight and direction to the team managing the Sustaining accounts.
o Baseline contracts according to budget issued leverage B&G model
o Provide direction for Labor / Non-Labor Dollar Pool Targets by Organization Breakdown Structure.
o Review month end performance and determine significant cost variance drivers.
o Review sensitivities by contract against the various assumptions made in the B&G model to determine High/Medium/Low Pressures / Opportunities by contract
o Approve any Baseline Target / Estimate To Completion (ETC) changes
o Provide direction for Labor / Non-Labor Dollar Pool and discrete labor base assumptions for B&G model; review month end B&G model update
- Communicate regularly with Program Leadership on significant emerging pressures, mitigation plans, and cost improvement opportunities; drive affordability initiatives to improve operational efficiencies throughout the F-35 Program.
- Generate primary Labor Pool estimates, working directly with Program executives in support of Proposal and Negotiation strategies.
o Provide guidance to establish budget strategies integrating performance commitments by IPT Leaders throughout the Program that will achieve Program financial goals.
o Summarize estimates and recommend execution FLOOR positions.
o Develop alternative Labor pool forecast by other methods to substantiate proposal and/or for execution variability assessment (i.e. assess FLOOR position)
o Support Fact Finding, Requests For Information (RFIs) and direct negotiations with the customer.
- Assume a Leadership role on the Program Integration Team and on the F-35 Program, leading various estimating and other cost assessment efforts.
Successful candidates will have the following key attributes:
- Proactive anticipates requirements from higher management and initiates / completes actions to meet those requirements; possesses the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Perceptive sees the big picture and is able to understand the Statement of Work (SOW) at the IPT level, but is also able to focus on the details and can see potential opportunities to gain operational efficiencies and drive affordability.
- Possess Good Judgment becomes a key resource and the go-to person for the Executive Leadership Team on the F-35 Program and can be trusted to provide good guidance decisions affecting utilization of company resources.
- Excellent Communicator possesses very strong written and oral communication skills.