Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Avionics Technician 2 for our growing team at Robins Air Force Base in Warner Robins, Georgia. The successful candidate will support our Global Hawk EPIC Retrofit Modification efforts.
- Installs and troubleshoots avionics systems wiring in accordance with technical specifications and engineering instructions
- Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various vehicle systems
- Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance
- Fabricates, installs, and tests routing, clamping, and wiring harnesses
- Reads wiring diagrams and blueprints
- Maintains applicable USAF-required records, manuals, and inspection forms
- Recommends corrective actions and resolves problems using technical publications and analytic techniques
- Records information on maintenance data collection forms and automated systems
- Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, and determines technical solutions in accordance with product and customer specifications
- Recommends actions to company or customer representatives for a timely coordinative product solution
The position also requires the ability to complete a four-month training program in Palmdale, California.
- Duration: 29 April 2019 9 August 2019
- Global Hawk Retrofit Modification specific training (over-the-shoulder)
- All travel expenses paid (plus business travel supplemental pay provided)
- One paid weekend trip home per month of training
- High school diploma / GED and a minimum of 2 years of relevant avionics / repair experience
- Must be able to complete a four-month training program in Palmdale, California
- Must be able to work on-site at Robins Air Force Base in Warner Robins, Georgia
- Must be able to work 2nd shift
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P)
- U.S. Air Force maintenance experience
- Working knowledge of IMDS/CAMS maintenance data collection
- Working knowledge of AFI 21-101
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.