At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has a current opening for a Quality Engineer 3 in our St. Augustine, FL facilities. This Quality Engineer will be supporting the E-2D Hawkeye assembly line, and will be collaborating with engineering, manufacturing, program management, customers, and suppliers to ensure the final product meets stringent standards.
The selected candidate will have a number of responsibilities, including:
- Developing, modifying, applying and maintaining quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials products
Devising and implementing methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment
Designing and analyzing inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment
Conducting quality assurance tests
Performing statistical analysis to assess the cost of, and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications
Auditing quality systems for deficiency identification and correction
Ensuring that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements
May specialize in the areas of design, incoming materials, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality
- Bachelors in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math field with 5 years of experience OR a Masters degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math field with 3 years of experience.
- Candidate must have 3 years of experience with aircraft manufacturing and/or inspection
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experienced working with suppliers for nonconforming material investigations and Root Cause Corrective Action
- Proficient in SAP and MES data management systems
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.