Join the Northrop Grummans Information Systems team of men and women that solve some of the worlds most complex technical challenges. We are seeking junior level Software Engineers for highly competitive software engineering opportunities with our team in the Intelligence Mission Systems Operating Unit in San Jose, CA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
- Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Diagnose problems encountered during application integration among products and address fixes/enhancements according to prescribed program processes.
- Design and develop complex software using a variety of programming and scripting languages.
- Develop software on diverse platforms including UNIX, Linux and Windows based operating systems.
- Utilize configuration management tools, database applications and related software development tools.
- Solve complex technical issues with limited supervision.
- Utilize software design principles (e.g. software design patterns)
- Work individually and as part of a team requiring little supervision
A current active clearance is required. Applicants without a clearance may be considered with the understanding that employment will not begin until a TS/SCI clearance is attained.
- Bachelor Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an accredited institution with 2+ years of relevant work experience, or Masters in a STEM discipline with 0+ years of experience
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and roles within each phase
- Relevant work experience in software development using Python, Java or C++
- Relevant work experience with scripting languages
- Exposure to software design principles (e.g. software design patterns)
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Current active SCI clearance
- Prior experience with implementing visual design and develop front-end UI
- Prior experience using the Agile Scrum methodology
- Prior experience using Rally, GitHub, Jenkins, Selenium applications
- Prior experience with database design, implementation, and interfacing
- Prior experience developing applications using web services or other web technologies
- Prior experience with distributed processing and data analytics
- Prior experience incorporating off-the-shelf software products/libraries into applications
- Prior experience in software testing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.