Monitor the manufacturing processes and operations and conduct various types of inspections/tests on a broad range of complicated fabrications, subassemblies, assemblies and tools to assure compliance with customer and WEC specifications and standards where inspection/test setups, techniques and procedures are not normally established.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT, NOR THE QUESTION BEING RAISED ON THE PROPER RATE FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
In addition to performing the duties of the Inspector ""B,"" performs the following:
1. Inspect components, assemblies, tooling, weldments and materials of various geometric configurations and processes as specified and randomly for compliance with established customer and NG specifications and standards. Identify and tag defective parts, materials and incorrect processes with appropriate inspection documentation.
2. Setup and use measuring equipment including coordinate measurement machines, optical tooling, Dr. Hoflar and MAAG Gear inspection equipment, etc., where procedures and techniques are not normally established. Apply analytical evaluation methods and calculations involving complex triangulation, compound angles, etc., as necessary, throughout the inspection cycle. Analyze and evaluate actual dimensions and functional test results to verify conformance with established specifications and standards.
3. May perform various non-destructive tests on a wide variety of metallic and non-metallic materials to determine quality and soundness of material being inspected utilizing x-ray, ultrasonic, eddy current and helium leak testing and other NDT equipment. Required to pass and maintain a level II certification.
4. Advise Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Production, Purchasing and Supplier personnel of quality problems and conditions, and assist in preventing the recurrence of defects by performing appropriate follow-up, inspection and evaluation activities.
5. Determine inspection priorities for assignments to lower coded inspectors.
6. Perform similar or lower classified work as required.
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
Advise shop personnel in proper quality procedures. Provide guidance and instruction to lower classified inspectors.
This is a Union Represented position
SNYVLCA & MANUMS