This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking experienced and motivated professionals for the various Principal Program Control Analyst (PCA) roles in Business Management. Positions will be located in one of our Mission Systems Sector facilities in Linthicum (BWI), Maryland.
Ideal candidates must be able to make sound decisions in a timely manner, display strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and follow compliance protocol. This position will interface with leadership, program managers, functional management, control account managers (CAMs), and business managers to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements.
Roles and responsibilities could encompass the following and vary slightly depending on specific position, program, or business unit to which you are assigned:
- Generate program performance measurement baselines (PMB) and implement approved changes
- Perform analyses and prepare reports to ensure program contracts are within negotiated, agreed-upon parameters, government cost control guidelines, and accounting guidelines
- Perform analyses and prepare program financial reports for internal and external customers relative to program cost incurrence, material tracking, and labor spending
- Identify and mitigate program cost and schedule risk
- Coordinate and prepare program financial forecasting and reporting, the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and the Labor Resource Plan
- Facilitate, monitor, and forecast program financing mechanisms including Accounts Receivable, Advanced Payments, and Performance Based Payments
- Support program audits, reviews, and fact-finding as requested by program customers, audit agencies, and company management
- Support program cost estimate development, customer proposals, and negotiation
- Perform Earned Value Management (EVM) tasks including developing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and performance measurement baseline (PMB), monitoring and analyzing the Estimate to Complete (ETC), Estimate at Complete (EAC), significant variances, risk management reserve (MR), and financial reserve (FR), and preparing of internal and external status reports
- Prepare and present complex financial analysis to executive level management and external customers
- Work cooperatively with the business, functional, and technical staff to address internal and external customer requests
- Provide guidance on relevant financial policies and procedures
- Participant in knowledge transfer activities and best practice sharing to facilitate development of the Business Management workforce
- Provide sector wide training on Program Control, Earned Value, and other financial topics to the Business Management community, as needed
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION.
This requisition may be filled at either the Principal or Senior Principal Level.
Basic Qualifications for Principal:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with 6 years of professional experience in business management, finance, accounting, or related fields - OR - Master's Degree from an accredited institution with 4 years professional experience as described above.
Basic Qualifications for Senior Principal:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with 10 years of professional experience in business management, finance, accounting, or related fields - OR - Master's Degree from an accredited institution with 8 years professional experience as described above.
Basic Qualifications for both levels:
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, chart generation, VBA macros, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, innovative behaviors, and the ability to multi-task in a challenging environment
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Professional experience in a regulated industry such as Aerospace & Defense, Insurance, Financial Services, or Telecommunications
- An existing understanding of GAAP, US Government Cost Accounting Standards, FAR, and DFARS
- Leadership experience on a program, a project, or managing personnel
- Professional experience with balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, financial analysis, and/or financial reporting
- SAP or COGNOS software tool experience
- Earned Value Management customer reporting, MPM, or COBRA experience
- Current, active US Secret clearance or higher.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.