Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a critical thinker with strong analytical and computer skills to join our manufacturing organization as a Principal Material Planning Analyst. This position is located in Virginia Beach, VA.
The Material Requirement Planner will be responsible to/for:
- Analyze manufacturing, enterprise resource planning, and other material requirements based on needs of assembly demands, component replenishment, substitute parts or materials, engineering changes and enterprise supplies.
- Resolve schedule, material requirement and business systems problems with cross-functional representatives.
- Load and maintain Master Production Schedules into SAP.
- Review part or material requisitions for release to procurement.
- Analyze revision notices for incorporation into purchase order and production orders.
- Resolve master schedule and production problems, and review and update lead times with manufacturing cells.
- Monitor and help maintain Grouping, Pegging and Distribution (GPD) for default.
- Work with Global Supply Chain, Program Management, Operations Project Management, Manufacturing, Inventory, Engineering and Mission Assurance stakeholders to ensure schedule compliance to government requirements and Command Media procedures.
- Run reports and provide program status to provide visibility to stakeholders.
- Coordinate project closeout activities.
- Support and analyze Requests for Pricing Information (RPIs) for BOM and Material Master accuracy.
- Support schedule integrity and realism, and improve Master Production Schedule Performance.
- Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support and drive Manufacturing Operations Support Technology and MRP visions.
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Operations, MRP,
Supply Chain, or related experience, or three (3) years with a Master's Degree. 10+ years of Operations, MRP,
Supply Chain, or related experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Proficiency with Material Requirements Planning
(MRP) and SAP.
Citizen and the ability to obtain and hold a DoD Security Clearance
- Working knowledge of the Supply Chain
- Intermediate MS Excel and data analysis skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.