LITENING Advanced Targeting Pod
Turning Imaging into Intelligence
Clear imaging that provides insight to pilots has always been a hallmark of LITENING. The shift to a digital architecture is maximizing the benefits of the pod's high definition suite of infrared, TV and laser cameras. In the cockpit, tablets and new, larger displays take full advantage of LITENING video in high resolution. Find out how LITENING’s digital architecture makes it possible.
When it comes to targeting, Northrop Grumman’s LITENING is a seasoned veteran. LITENING has more than a million hours of combat time to its credit — and more than three million hours total.
The LITENING advanced targeting pod is a multi-sensor targeting and surveillance system that enables aircrews to detect, acquire, auto-track and identify targets at long ranges. Whether the mission demands precision targeting, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) or humanitarian assistance, LITENING’s proven sensor suite delivers.
The world in high definition color
When seconds count, details matter. LITENING provides high-definition color TV and FLIR video to the fourth generation fleet to give decision makers a clear, detailed view of the situation. Through either an updated aircraft display or a tablet, LITENING brings a new level of clarity to the cockpit.
A spectrum of data link options for today’s networked battlespace
With LITENING’s groundbreaking Plug-and-Play III data link architecture, the pod can be customized to include advanced data recording for ISR missions and increased on-board computing to host user-defined networking applications. LITENING supports secure, two-way communications through radios operating in the C, L, S, Ku and UHF frequency bands.
LITENING's Leading Technology
- Digital, high definition video in the cockpit: Available for tablet computers and newer cockpit displays in FLIR, B/W and color TV
- Advanced picture-in-picture: Displays up to three simultaneous views
- Laser imaging sensor: Offers more accurate identification to overcome challenges to traditional IR imaging
- Plug-and-Play III data links: Advanced two-way plug-and-play data links, including NET-T, that communicate seamlessly with other aircraft and land forces
- Affordable upgrades: Any LITENING pod can be upgraded to the latest configuration affordably,
- and LITENING provides a path to OpenPod™, a revolutionary multi-mission pod
- Eyesafe mode: Train under realistic conditions with LITENING’s eyesafe laser mode
LITENING's legendary 24/7 support
Support is available 24 hours a day, worldwide. Whether online, by telephone or in person, Northrop Grumman logistics professionals stand ready to maintain LITENING readiness. They're one reason this system has achieved an availability rate exceeding 95%.
LITENING Advanced Targeting Pod Sensors
LITENING Advanced Targeting Pod Features Digital Video
LITENING advanced targeting pod 1K FLIR video
LITENING advanced targeting pod color maritime imagery
LITENING advanced targeting pod color air-to-ground imagery
LITENING advanced targeting pod modular design
LITENING advanced targeting pod on A-10
LITENING advanced targeting pod color video