Northrop Grumman in Amherst, New York
Wehrle Drive Facility:
Our Amherst Operating Unit was founded 1975 and acquired by Northrop Grumman in 2000. Since then, our 350 employees at the site have delivered over 400 complete CEESIM and JTE Systems to our customers.
- Advanced Multi-Spectral Simulation
- Electronic Warfare Simulation
- Real Time Infrared Scene Simulation (RISS), cutting edge GPU processing
- Joint Threat Emitter (JTE)
- Combat Electromagnetic Environment Simulator (CEESIM)
Joint Threat Emitter (JTE)
Combat Electromagnetic Environment Simulator (CEESIM)
Life in Amherst
- Variety of outdoor activities, proximity to ski resorts, Niagara Falls
- Sports teams: Buffalo Bills & Buffalo Sabres
- Higher Education: University of Buffalo, Buffalo State College
- Ranked in the Top 50 of US News U.S. News Best Places to Live in the U.S. in 2022-2023; including #19 for Cheapest Places to Live
Why Join Northrop Grumman?
Northrop Grumman employees are Defining Possible every day through science, technology and engineering. We are 90,000 people – with careers in all areas: air, cyber, land, sea and space – working as one to defend and define the future.
Many sites have 9/80 days, telework and flexible scheduling options, plus generous paid time off. Indeed named Northrop Grumman a top 10 company for wo…
Who We Are
Ranked on DiversityInc’s annual list of Top 50 Companies for Diversity since 2010, we recruit top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgroun…
We have 90,000 employees in all 50 states in the US and 21 countries worldwide.
We offer an array of benefits to give you the support you need, including matching 401K, tuition assistance, health insurance and wellness options, coaching, me…
In the Community
From the environment to STEM education to philanthropy, we’re committed to the community. We encourage and enable our employees to volunteer in meaningful activ…
Our employees’ commitment to quality combined with our leadership’s commitment to workplace environment and diversity has resulted in many significant accol…
Learn more about Life at Northrop Grumman
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The unique work environment at Northrop Grumman includes these important elements: creativity, collaboration, agility, and busting through silos and barriers. We operate across domains, disciplines, and national boundaries. Our teams rapidly deliver capabilities to our warfighters to defend our nation and our allies.