If you have friends or family who would be assets to Northrop Grumman, we want to meet them.
Navigate to Employee Services Portal (U.S.) or Global Employee Services (Int’l), then select Workday. You can also navigate straight to Workday.
On the Workday Home page, type Refer a Candidate in the Search Bar and select the task that appears.
Employee referrals receive an email with instructions to apply for a specific job or browse jobs of interest, then apply.
That’s how simple it is to make referrals, earn rewards and power our progress.
We’ve worked hard to make our Employee Referral task within Workday as easy to use as possible. If you’d like to delve deeper, you’ll find detailed information on this page. If you have further questions, you’re always welcome to contact us (see below for contact information).
Enterprise Employee Referrals Award Program Policy
Northrop Grumman rewards eligible employees for referring qualified candidates who are subsequently hired for a referral-eligible position within the company. Employees are required to submit referrals through the Employee Services Portal (U.S.) or Global Employee Services (Int’l), then select Workday.
Candidate referrals are maintained in the Northrop Grumman Applicant Tracking System.
- Each company element determines which of its positions will qualify for an employee referral award.
- Referral bonuses are determined by the company element that approves and opens the associated requisition.
- Company elements have the option to display referral bonus amounts within the internal requisition description.
All Northrop Grumman employees are eligible for this program with the exception of:
- Corporate Policy Council members and individuals participating in the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP). Eligibility requirements may vary between company elements. For questions regarding eligibility, employees should contact an ERAP Administrator. See CO No. H212, Annual Incentive Plan, for more information.
- Managers or individuals involved in the hiring process or hiring decision for the job seeker.
- Summer hires, interns, casual employees and other temporary employees.
- Employees whose referrals are identified through their participation in recruiting programs (e.g. job fairs, college recruiting events).
- Employees who work within any Northrop Grumman Human Resources and Administration department.
- Employees who terminate from Northrop Grumman prior to the time of award payout, with exceptions as indicated under Award Eligibility.
- Employees specifically prohibited from participation in the Employee Referral Award Program as a result of any labor agreements or other such circumstances.
The following candidate referrals are not considered eligible for the program:
- Referrals previously submitted by another employee within the last 12 months.
- Referrals of temporary agency or contract employees who worked for Northrop Grumman within the past 12 months.
- Referrals of former employees who worked for Northrop Grumman within the last 12 months, or currently work for Northrop Grumman in the following categories:
- Temporary employee
- Full-time employee
- Part-time employee
- Both the employee and the referred candidate must be active employees of Northrop Grumman at the time of award payout. Exceptions include referring employees who left active payroll after referring a candidate due to the following:
- Medical leave of absence
- Military leave of absence
- Educational leave
- Reduction in force
- Recruiting activity must be initiated within one year of submission. If a candidate is already in Workday (candidate database) and is hired due to any action/activity that took place prior to being referred, the bonus award is not applicable even if the hire takes place during the one-year ownership period.
- There is no limit to the number of employee referral awards earned.
- Employees are eligible for referral awards offered by any Northrop Grumman Sector.
- Payment processing is initiated from Workday upon hire of the candidate once all eligibility requirements have been verified.
- If a company element runs a special ERAP campaign offering non-monetary awards, processing of such awards will be in accordance with the guidelines of the campaign.
- Referral connection is determined by the source of referral on eligible positions. An employee remains eligible for the referral for a period of 12 months from the date of submission. See USHR 4-13 for more details.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals that an employee may submit.
All ERAP eligibility requirements are verified upon hire of the referred candidate. In the event of a dispute, Talent Acquisition reserves the right to determine award eligibility.
I submitted my referral resume and received a confirmation. What happens next?
A notification is sent to your referral’s email asking them to update their profile in the system. If you submitted your referral for a specific job, they will also be asked to complete the application for that job. If your referral is hired and you both meet the eligibility requirements for the program, you will be notified that your bonus award is being processed.
Do I need to refer someone for every job for which they are qualified?
Yes, and you will give your referral greater visibility if you submit their resume for multiple jobs matching their qualifications.
How do I know if my referral has been viewed by a recruiter?
Once you have submitted your referral, you can view the status from Workday by typing “My Referrals” in the search bar. Referrals submitted directly for a specific job have a much better chance of being viewed by recruiters.
Can I submit a resume directly to my manager for an opening within my department?
Referrals must be submitted through Workday to be eligible for award.
If my referral is hired by another sector, am I still eligible for the award?
Yes, the Referral Program works across sectors. You will be eligible for the award if there is a bonus attached.
How long is my referral valid?
Referrals are valid for one year from the date received in the system where the referrer is listed as the source of referral on eligible positions.
What do I get if my referral is hired?
If the job has a specified referral award, you will be compensated. Not all jobs have an award offered. Please refer to the Sector Bonus Guidelines for more information.
How and when do I receive my award?
Payment processing begins upon hire after all eligibility requirements have been verified. Your award will be included in your paycheck after processing is complete. The exact timing depends on when payroll receives the payment paperwork and your sector payroll schedule.
I received confirmation of my award, but that was two pay periods ago and I haven’t seen the award in my paycheck. What do I do?
Contact your ERAP Administrator.
Is my award taxable?
Yes. All awards are subject to tax withholding and other applicable deductions.