Start Defining Possible Today.
Northrop Grumman in Annapolis, Maryland
Defining Possible in Annapolis, Maryland
Building complex analysis and sensor systems can be challenging, but now imagine building them for an undersea environment. The employees at our Annapolis site do just that, at the home of Northrop Grumman’s Undersea Systems. In Annapolis, our technical and business leaders develop and manufacture advanced underwater systems, sensors, and vehicles designed to excel in volatile and ever-changing undersea environments.
Explore Career Opportunities in Annapolis
Our Flagship Programs
- Physics-based modeling, simulation & analysis
- Full ocean depth, persistent systems
- High-resolution low-cost undersea sensors
- Unmanned Maritime Systems (UUV / USV)
- Undersea perception & maritime robotics
- Large scale system integration and testing
- Mine warfare
- Submarine warfare
- Specialized undersea applications
Why Do Northrop Grumman Employees Like Working At The Annapolis Site?
Annapolis is home to Northrop Grumman’s Center of Excellence for Undersea Warfare. Employees who work here are the company’s gold standard for providing undersea mission-based thinking and rapid prototyping and demonstrations to the entire enterprise. The site provides a living workshop to hone their maritime domain skills.
The Annapolis site is located close to many metropolitan hubs including Baltimore (38 miles) and Washington, D.C. (35 miles), which are easily accessible by car, bus and rail.
Life in Annapolis
When we say that the Annapolis area has it all, we do mean all—our list of top attractions include:
- A range of beach options – With more than 3,100 miles of shoreline, Maryland has plenty of great places to sink your toes into the sand.
- Natural wonders – Visit nearby Deep Creek Lake, the largest lake in the state at 3,900 acres, or enjoy the lovely nature walks of Assateague, where the wild horses of Assateague Island National Seashore roam. Even closer to Annapolis, you can relax and enjoy the outdoors, go boating, or cast your line and do some freshwater fishing for bass and pike.
- Outdoor excitement – Hit the ski slopes at Wisp, the state's only four-season ski resort, where you can enjoy winter sports like snow tubing, and year-round outdoor fun like a zip line and all-terrain buggies.
- Cultural variety – Baltimore is only a short ride away from Annapolis. Enjoy the city and all it has to offer. Go to the Baltimore Zoo or the National Aquarium. Cheer for the Orioles or Ravens. Walk and explore the Inner Harbor or Historic Fells Point. Don’t forget to try some of our Blue Crabs!
Why Join Northrop Grumman?
Northrop Grumman employees are Defining Possible every day through science, technology and engineering. We are 97,000 people – with careers in all areas: air, cyber, land, sea and space – working as one to defend and define the future.
Many sites have 9/80 days, telework and flexible scheduling options, plu…
Who We Are
Ranked on DiversityInc's annual list of Top 50 Companies for Di…
We have 97,000 employees in all 50 states in the US and 21 countries wor…
We offer an array of benefits to give you the support you need, includin…
In the Community
From the environment to STEM education to philanthropy, we're committed …
Our employees’ commitment to quality combined with our leadership’s comm…
Learn more about Life at Northrop Grumman
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The unique work environment at Northrop Grumman includes these important elements: creativity, collaboration, agility, and busting through silos and barriers. We operate across domains, disciplines, and national boundaries. Our teams rapidly deliver capabilities to our warfighters to defend our nation and our allies.