Start Defining Possible Today.
Northrop Grumman in Baltimore, Maryland
Developing, Innovating, and Creating for the future
Defining Possible in Baltimore, Maryland
Testing, manufacturing, integrating, inventing — Northrop Grumman engineers do all this and more in Baltimore, home to one of the largest sites across our company. Our labs in Baltimore have a proud history of developing fundamental electronics systems concepts as well as being home to makerspaces that foster innovation and creativity for the future. Here, we’re making pioneering leaps in advanced electronic and maritime systems — and putting the information collected by those systems to work.
We’re hiring Software Engineers in Baltimore
Meet Chris Miller
Title: Principal Embedded Software Engineer / Agile Product Owner
How long he’s been at Northrop Grumman: 5+ years
What are you responsible for as a software engineer at your company?
As a software engineer at Northrop Grumman, I am responsible for every aspect of the software development process. From the inception of a particular functionality via a request from the customer to the formal quality testing and customer training for the final product, it is my duty to see a project through from start to finish.
These projects always start with setting a cadence with customers to home in on their highest priority needs. From there, I work the project through my process from developing software requirements to implementation to testing and debugging to get to the final product. Once the final product has been completed, I create support and troubleshooting documentation and lead training sessions for the customer.
Explore All Career Opportunities in Baltimore
Meet our Baltimore, MD Employees
• Advanced manufacturing facilities
• Microelectronic packaging
• Advanced ceramics facility
• Surface mount technology
• Semiconductor foundry services
• Printed circuit board manufacturing
• Wafer processing
• Integration and test facilities
• Near field, compact and far field antenna ranges
Why do Northrop Grumman Employees like Working at the Baltimore site?
The site is home to the Technology Underground, which is a collaboration space designed to support experimentation and exploration of concepts. The space contains a variety of rotating and updated equipment, which employees can use to bring their ideas to life.
In addition to everything Baltimore has to offer, the site is 40 miles from Washington, D.C., which can be easily reached by car, Amtrak or MARC train. Employees can use their flexible work arrangements to enjoy all that D.C. has to offer, from the restaurants and history of the U Street corridor, to the postcard expanse of the National Mall, to the sports-central home of the Nationals and DC United in Navy Yard.
Life in Baltimore
When we say the Baltimore area has it all, we do mean all—our list of top attractions include:
- Cultural variety – Enjoy all the city and all it has to offer. Go to the Baltimore Zoo or the National Aquarium. Cheer for the Orioles or Ravens. Walk and explore the Inner Harbor or Historic Fells Point. Don’t forget to try some of our Blue Crabs!
- A range of beach options – With more than 3,100 miles of shoreline, Maryland has plenty of great places to sink your toes into the sand.
- Natural wonders – Visit nearby Deep Creek Lake, the largest lake in the state at 3,900 acres, or enjoy the lovely nature walks of Assateague, where the wild horses of Assateague Island National Seashore roam. Even closer to Annapolis, you can relax and enjoy the outdoors, go boating, or cast your line and do some freshwater fishing for bass and pike.
- Outdoor excitement – Hit the ski slopes at Wisp, Maryland’s only four-season ski resort, where you can enjoy winter sports like snow tubing, and year-round outdoor fun like a zip line and all-terrain buggies.
Why Join Northrop Grumman?
Northrop Grumman employees are Defining Possible every day through science, technology and engineering. We are 90,000 people – with careers in all areas: air, cyber, land, sea and space – working as one to defend and define the future.
Many sites have 9/80 days, telework and flexible scheduling options, plus generous paid time off. Indeed named Northrop Grumman a top 10 company for wo…
Who We Are
Ranked on DiversityInc’s annual list of Top 50 Companies for Diversity since 2010, we recruit top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgroun…
We have 90,000 employees in all 50 states in the US and 21 countries worldwide.
We offer an array of benefits to give you the support you need, including matching 401K, tuition assistance, health insurance and wellness options, coaching, me…
In the Community
From the environment to STEM education to philanthropy, we’re committed to the community. We encourage and enable our employees to volunteer in meaningful activ…
Our employees’ commitment to quality combined with our leadership’s commitment to workplace environment and diversity has resulted in many significant accol…
Learn More about Life at Northrop Grumman
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The unique work environment at Northrop Grumman includes these important elements: creativity, collaboration, agility, and busting through silos and barriers. We operate across domains, disciplines, and national boundaries.