Start Defining Possible Today
Northrop Grumman in Sykesville, Maryland
Proudly supporting national security in Sykesville since 1967. Learn more.
Defining Possible in Sykesville, Maryland
Northrop Grumman’s Power & Control Systems (P/CS) in Sykesville, Maryland is a 200,000 square feet site just 30 miles west of Baltimore. Power and Controls touches nearly every system Northrop Grumman develops and it is becoming increasingly more important and integral to achieving system performance as power and energy needs increase and weight/space decrease. Northrop Grumman’s integrated power and energy systems are ideal for supporting current and emerging systems such as electromagnetic sensors, directed energy weapons and radars.
We work across sites, business sectors and the industry-collaborating and helping our customers achieve better system performance. Scalable energy storage and management systems are increasingly important for modern naval warfare and Northrop Grumman is leading the way in producing scalable and flexible power storage, management and conditioning solutions using a modular approach to support high-end, power-hungry systems in the future fleet.
- Advanced power and electronic control systems
- Engineering and system support through product life cycle
- Manufacturing, Test, Inspection, Quality Assurance, Pack and Ship
- Model and Machine shop for prototyping
- Field / Logistics Support
On-site functional support:
- Program, Finance and Contracts Management
- Global Supply Chain
- Quality Mission Excellence
- Operations, Facilities, Human Resources and Communications
Why Northrop Grumman Employees Like Working in Sykesville
Sykesville, MD is located in Carroll County, only 40 minutes from Baltimore and 60 minutes from Annapolis and was named the Coolest Small Town in America1 and Best Main Street of America2. The Sykesville site offers an on-site fitness center with spin bikes & shower facilities, café, lush green spaces, employee resource groups (ERGs) and employee action groups (EAGs), along with employee-focused activities year-round.
Our employees at this Power & Control Systems site take the company's environmental, social and governance (ESG) impact efforts in the Sykesville community to heart:
- High School Involvement Partnership (HIP)
- Local Interns and employees
- STEM Outreach – Carroll County Public Schools
- Rise Against Hunger (10,000 meals)
- Penn-Mar Human Services
- Carroll County Veterans Independence Project
- Electricity from renewable sources – solar panel installation completion in 2023
- Electric vehicle charging stations on-site
- 2016, Budget Travel Magazine
- 2020, Independent We Stand