In celebration of employee volunteers, Northrop Grumman offers the annual Excellence in Volunteerism awards. This volunteer recognition program honors employee volunteers who have demonstrated particular dedication and commitment through consistent volunteer efforts on behalf of those in need.
Applications are now closed
Eligible organizations are encouraged to nominate a Northrop Grumman employee volunteer or team of employees for an Excellence in Volunteerism award. Nominations will be reviewed by an independent partner and 10 organizations will be selected to receive a $5,000 grant from Northrop Grumman on behalf of the employee or team.
For questions or assistance, please e-mail Volunteer1NG@ngc.com.
- The nominee's volunteer activity must be with a valid 501(c)3 nonprofit in the U.S. or an organization determined to be a 501(c)3 equivalent in counties outside the U.S., non-religious, non-partisan, non-discriminatory organization or an accredited public school institution. International nonprofit, non-religious, non-partisan organizations or accredited public school institutions that can be vetted through United Way Worldwide's international giving program are also eligible.
- The nominee cannot receive direct or indirect compensation for his or her efforts from the organization.
- The nominee must be affiliated with the organization for at least one year.
- The nominee must be a full-time or part-time (20+ hours per week) Northrop Grumman employee.
- Eligible organizations may nominate a team of Northrop Grumman volunteers. The nominating organization will only receive one grant check regardless of the number of nominated employees.
- Previous awardees (organization and employee) are ineligible to participate.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Building partnerships and community needs — The nominee's volunteer activity helps to design and implement solutions and strategies intended to build sustainable communities. The nominee's volunteer efforts have addressed the community needs in extraordinary and innovative ways.
- Community impact — The nominee's volunteer efforts have positively affected many, and improved or changed important issues in the community.
- Personal excellence — The nominee goes above and beyond, and is dedicated to making a difference.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can nominate a Northrop Grumman employee for the Excellence in Volunteerism award?
The nominator is the nonprofit organization or accredited public school for which the Northrop Grumman employee volunteers. We do not provide grants to organizations whose programs discriminate based on race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, military service/veteran status, disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law
Are employees across the globe eligible to be nominated?
Yes, employees worldwide who regularly volunteer with a U.S.-based non-profit organization or accredited public school or, internationally, an organization recognized by United Way Worldwide are eligible to be nominated by that organization for an Excellence in Volunteerism award.
Can an employee self-nominate for the Excellence in Volunteerism award?
An employee cannot self-nominate. Employees can nominate a fellow employee for an Excellence in Volunteerism award by collaborating with the eligible nonprofit organization.
What is the nomination process?
Nonprofit organizations and accredited schools for which the employee volunteers must complete the nomination application online. Our online nomination is open from April 1 – May 31.
What is the selection process?
Nomination applications will first be reviewed by the Northrop Grumman Citizenship Council and then forwarded to an external philanthropic organization for review and final selection.
When applying for an Excellence in Volunteerism Award, do I need an Invitation Code?
Yes, please use Invitation Code NGCEVA when starting the CyberGrants application process.
Who should I contact if I have additional questions?
Please send an email to: Volunteer1NG@ngc.com.