Grant Guidelines: The Northrop Grumman Foundation does not accept unsolicited requests for funding.
The Foundation contributes to organizations defined as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service. Funded initiatives address education related programs that promote the advancement of science, technology, engineering and math on a national level.
The Foundation will not consider funding for the following:
- Organizations whose programs discriminate based on race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, military service/veteran status, disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law
- Fundraising events such as raffles, walk-a-thons, banquets or dinners
- Campus student organizations, fraternities, sororities, honor societies
- Religious schools, colleges/universities or departments (within eligible schools) whose primary focus is to promote religious beliefs (includes seminaries)
- Athletic teams, support organizations
- Advertising or underwriting expenses
- Capital Campaigns
- Choirs, bands or drill teams
- Local / community-based programs and initiatives
- Organizations outside of the United States
Grant Guidelines – How to Submit a Request for a Financial Contribution
When you have been notified that the Northrop Grumman Foundation will be providing your organization funding, you will receive a code to submit your application online. When you apply for a grant, you will be asked to enter your organization’s Tax Exempt Number or the school’s NCES registration number, which will be automatically validated with the IRS or NCES database. You also will be required to include the following information in your application.
- Non-profit or institution contact name, title, address phone number, fax number.
- Brief history of the organization, mission statement, goals and objectives.
- Type and scope of services offered and how your program reaches a national audience.
- Specific details as to how requested funds would be used to impact STEM education nationally.
- Project budget and amount requested.
- Demographic impact.
- Current operating budget including latest financial statement.
- List of other corporate funders.
- List of directors and/or officers, and their affiliations.
- Northrop Grumman employee sponsor, if applicable (name and phone number).
- Contact information
- Completed W9
Questions can be directed to email@example.com