Administrative Assistant 4
Requisition ID: R10129167
- Category: Administrative Services
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed energy and electronics solutions for national security, military, and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, has an opening for an Administrative Assistant 4 to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be in Redondo Beach, California.
Performs normal office functions such as setting up and maintaining files; interviewing callers and making proper referrals; arranging meetings and conferences; and receiving, referring, or answering mail. Reviews drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage; answers questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures. Gathers, compiles and reports on information relevant to supervisors' assignment. May take and transcribe dictation.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
· Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
· Educational Assistance
· Life Insurance
· Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
· Paid Time Off
· Health & Wellness Resources
· Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- High School Diploma/GED plus 6 years of additional education and/or experience
- Current Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- Proficiency in editing written material for correct spelling and grammar
- Experienced with organizing/maintaining/deconflicting schedules, calendars, meetings, and travel arrangements
- Prior experience working as an Administrative Assistant or performing equivalent responsibilities
- Associate degree Experience in Concur/ITRIP, I-Buy, NG My IT, SAP
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.