Administrative Assistant 4 - Transformational Computing OU (TS/SCI Required)
Requisition ID: R10128124
- Category: Administrative Services
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America | Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking an Administrative Assistant 4 to support the Transformational Computing Operating Unit (OU) in Linthicum, MD or Annapolis Junction, MD. The successful candidate will work well in a highly dynamic environment, be an independent thinker, be customer oriented, be proactive and have a track record of working in a fast-paced environment with a high daily workload supporting multiple managers, employees, and priorities as required. This position is expected to be onsite full time.
The selected candidate must be well-organized and able to handle a wide range of assignments on time. The individual must be an exceptional team player, collaborative, self-motivated, detail oriented, assertive as necessary and able to work with minimal supervision.
What You'll Get to Do:
This position is responsible for preparing and releasing a variety of complex communications and documents that affect the organizational unit; following procedures which includes appropriate access to confidential information; preparing and adjusting travel arrangements and completing expense reports; coordinating various department events; supporting executive visits, agendas, and facility tours; and generally acting and making decisions in alignment with the Director’s leadership. This position also coordinates business meetings, arranges, maintains, and modifies the Director’s schedule and associated Operating Unit activities. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicates with executive, administrative, customer and management personnel to gather or convey relevant information.
- Coordinates internal and external briefings/presentations, management meetings and site visits to assist with visitor/tour logistics, content prep and set up/tear down.
- Responsible or supporting business cadence and scheduling and arranging key meetings.
- Gather, compile and report on information relevant to supervisor’s assignment.
- Follows up on open actions to ensure deadlines are met, and gathers, compiles and reports on information relevant to supervisor’s assignments.
- Supports cross-functional teams as directed by the Director in support of business operations.
- Coordinates calendars, frequently changing travel arrangements, expense reports and all forms of correspondence.
- Answers questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures.
- Establish relationships and collaborate administrative processes across sites with stakeholders and subject matter experts to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while exercising good judgement, demonstrating flexibility and agility, prioritizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines, managing schedule conflicts, and providing excellent follow through.
- Office management duties to include ordering and maintaining supplies, coordinating trash removal and other office services, assisting security team members as required.
- Position may require some overtime.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 6+ years additional education and/or related experience.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office 365 software: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience participating and hosting in-person and remote video teleconference meetings (such as Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams).
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be a team player and demonstrate ability to collaborate with others including administrative assistants.
- US Citizenship with a TS/SCI clearance.
- Proficiency with web-based collaboration platforms to include Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
- Experience with Concur.
- Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in problem solving.
- Travel, executive visits, events planning and business operations experience.
- Experience working in SAP program areas.
- Demonstrated/Active Special Access Programs accesses.
- Bachelor’s degree.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.