Summer 2024 Employee Communications Intern- Redondo Beach, California
Requisition ID: R10120062
- Category: Administrative Services
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you’ll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you’ll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you’ve done. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Communications / Journalism student for an Employee Communications internship opportunity. This position will be located at our Space Systems Sector in Redondo Beach, California.
The qualified candidate will work across Northrop Grumman’s Strategic Space Systems on a broad range of communications activities. They will directly report within the Communications function to develop content that supports communications strategies and internal employee communications, SharePoint management, business/ external communications, graphic design/visual storytelling, and reproduction services. Day-to-day activities include supporting Communications campaigns, working with communication staff on activities and messaging, and developing communications materials for use by various target audiences. This internship provides significant exposure to leaders, opportunities to learn the business and develop skills that are valuable within and outside of the field of communications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write, edit and prepare internal company publications and communications
- Assist in creating communications plans for programs, activities and events
- Assign and review artwork
- Coordinate production and distribution activities
United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position.
A Candidate, Regardless of Age and Hiring Source, Must Meet ALL Of the Below Criteria. The Candidate Must
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in Journalism, Communications, Mass Communications, Public Relations, New Media, Marketing, or Film or that focuses on the following skills – writing and editing, video production and editing, audio/visual storytelling, strategic or targeted communications.
- Have completed at least sophomore year
- Be available to work 40 hours per week for 10 weeks during the Summer 2024 semester.
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to take complex subject matter and distill it into easy-to-understand language and visuals
- A strong interest in storytelling, particularly at the intersection of science, technology and people
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically, apply organizational skills and work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work cross-functionally and across different stakeholder groups to drive consensus
- Ability to adapt to cultural differences and work in a global environment
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
Intern Pay Range:
Bachelor’s: $16.50 to $32.50 per hour
Master’s: $26.00 to $41.75 per hour
At Northrop Grumman, our internship pay rates are standardized and take into account three main factors: the anticipated graduation date of the individual, the cost of labor of the geographic location, and whether the internship is considered technical or administrative.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.