2024 Mechanical Engineer Intern - Redondo Beach, CA
Requisition ID: R10125970
- Category: Administrative Services
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you’ll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you’ll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you’ve done. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for an internship opportunity. This position will be located at our Space Systems Sector in Redondo Beach, CA
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Strategic Space Systems Engineering Asset Management department.
A candidate must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university and will be enrolled full time in Fall 2024 .
- Be majoring in Mechanical Engineering
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during Summer 2024.
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
At Northrop Grumman, our internship pay rates are standardized and take into account three main factors: the anticipated graduation date of the individual, the cost of labor of the geographic location, and whether the internship is considered technical or administrative.
For a broader consideration, please consider completing a profile in our campus candidate community. By clicking on the link below your resume will be visible to recruiters and hiring managers across Northrop Grumman with opportunities nationwide for our internship and entry-level positions.
Intern Pay Range:
Bachelor’s. $24.00 to $30.50 per hour
Master’s. $36.00 to $38.25 per hour
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.