(On-Site) Sr Principal DevSecOps Cyber Systems Engineer (Clearance Required)
Requisition ID: R10044807
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Azusa, CA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector is seeking a Sr. Principal (Level 4) DevSecOps Cyber Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA, and be reporting on-site daily.
DevSecOps Cyber Engineer will get the opportunity to perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
In addition, DevSecOps engineer should have demonstrated experience in the below:
- DevSecOps Engineering: Demonstrate experience with the installation and security hardening of Red Hat Openshift, D2IQ, or other Kubernetes platforms
- Virtual Engineering: Ability to design and deploy high volume configurations with VMware vSphere, experience with containerization, and experience in physical and virtual storage and backup appliances.
- Network Engineering: Design & configure small & large scale networks with routing protocols, firewalls, etc. Familiar with Cisco or Palo Alto
- Windows System Engineering: Design, implement, and configure Windows Server 2016/2019 and Active Directory,
- Linux Engineering: Experience with RedHat Linux 7 and 8, security hardening, granular role-based access, automation of repetitive tasks, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field with 9 years of related technical experience, OR a Master’s Degree in a STEM field & 7 years of related technical experience
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance
- Must have DoD 8570 Level 2 Certification, such as Security+
- Must demonstrate technical competence in at least three target subject areas
- 7 Years of Red Hat Linux system administration experience
- 4 Years VMware vSphere experience
- 2 Years Experience with RedHat Openshift, D2IQ, or other Kubernetes platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 10+ years of related experience
- Active DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level III, such as CISSP
- Demonstrate technical competence in all five target subject areas
- 8 Years of Red Hat Linux system administration experience
- 6 Years VMware vSphere experience
- 4 Years Experience with RedHat Openshift, D2IQ, or other Kubernetes platforms
- Experience using and managing these DevOps Tools: Ansible, GitLab, or Puppet
- Experience writing scripts (Bash, PowerShell, Python, Puppet) to automate tasks
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia