Business Management Manager 1
Requisition ID: R10050284
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Business Management Manager 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The qualified applicant will lead all financial aspects of assigned CEESIM programs within the Amherst Systems Operating Unit. This position reports to the Amherst Systems Operating Unit Business Manager and also partners with the CEESIM Program Manager to develop strategy, report on program performance, and achieve financial goals. This position will also be responsible in leading the Amherst Accounting team, with activities focused on successful data migration to a new ERP system
This position will be located in Amherst, NY. A hybrid in office/telework opportunity may also be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager. Hybrid telework opportunity requires 2-3 in office days a week at our Amherst, NY location.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Program resource management, including cost estimation, allocation, tracking, and analysis
- EVMS with COBRA reporting to satisfy customer CDRLs
- Prepare financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Estimate-at-Complete (EAC) preparation and review
- Invoicing and cash tracking on FFP, CPFF, and CR CLINs
- Management and development of Program Control Analyst (PCA) staff
- Compliance and financial reporting
- On-going collaboration with the customer and functional teams
- Review of contractual documents, including Technical Task Orders
- Assistance with contract negotiations
- Support of pricing and proposal activities
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline with 5 years of industry related
- experience in finance, accounting or program control
- Understanding of DOD contracts, government Cost Accounting Standards, and the FAR
- Prior experience with government program budgeting and forecasting, as well as Annual Operating Plan development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, SAP, and Business Warehouse (BW)
- Prior experience preparing and presenting financial analysis to team and/or management.
- The ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is required.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- A current, active Secret security clearance
- MBA or CPA certification
- Previous experience managing/supervising a program, project, or personnel. This may be a lead position on a team.
- Experience with Cognos forecasting system
- Experience with Costpoint or SAP
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia