Capture Manager 1
Requisition ID: R10130560
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Orlando, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Capture Manager 1. This position reports to Orlando, Florida. This leadership position is a critical role for the growth of the Division, driving the Business Unit’s long-term growth in the areas of live, virtual, constructive modeling and simulation as well as advanced satellite ground system communications. The selected candidate will work closely with the Business Unit’s leadership team and other industry and government partners to manage all aspects of the assigned pursuits.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with experience in both program management and in leading business opportunity analysis, strategy development, and execution of captures/proposals toward winning new business. The selected candidate must be adept at quickly understanding what is required to win, developing compelling value propositions, and presenting strong business cases to secure leadership approvals. The position is responsible for developing the capture strategy to include a business solution for pursuit of opportunities; identifying potential customers, competitive assessments, teaming suppliers, and prices-to-win; and participating in bid and proposal activities. The capture manager will work closely with marketing.
What you’ll get to do:
- The Capture Manager is responsible for the capture strategy, campaigns, product line application, and strategic direction and execution of all aspects of the capture within the Immersive Mission Solutions (IMS), Operating Unit (OU) Business Development and Strategy activities.
- Duties include strategic, capture campaign identification, management, and execution in line with Business Development and Annual Operating Plan roadmap, goals, milestones, and strategy.
- Leads business development capture activities and teams to secure new or re-compete contracts, or task order business.
- Develops the capture strategy including business solutions for pursuit of opportunities; identifies potential customers, competitive assessments, teaming suppliers, and prices-to-win; participates in bid and proposal activities and maintains on-going interaction with marketing and government relations entities.
- Responsible for daily operations of a capture team or capture work unit (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, and operating costs).
- Capture Manager responsibilities include: cost, schedule, and performance of a specific capture activity within all assigned capture and proposal activities. Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting business development and capture pipeline objectives.
- Ensures that all capture and proposal teams adhere to sound capture management and Business Acquisition Process (BAP) processes in accordance with company quality standards per Northrop Grumman business development procedures and practices.
- Report to the Business Development Manager the status and management of the capture, proposal, and systems engineering teams, and also serves as the capture manager to active program teams to ensure the broader Northrop Grumman capabilities are exploited and the active program’s needs for program growth are met.
- Coordinates capture and proposal activities across the broader Mission Readiness and Protective Systems Business Unit (BU) to ensure collaboration within the Business Unit portfolio and associated Business Development, Capture, and Systems Engineering teams.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience
- Active DOD Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or Business Management discipline
- Experience with Business Development or Capture Management execution and management
- Experience leading capture and proposal teams
- Experience in systems engineering, development, integration, and test
- Domain expertise in Live, Virtual and Constructive Training
- Knowledge of customer acquisition processes
- Master’s degree in STEM or Business Administration/Management
- Domain expertise in Ground Based Satellite Communications
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.