Director 1- Advanced Programs and Business Development (Active TS Clearance)
Requisition ID: R10099499
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America | Dulles, Virginia, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman SSSD has an opening for a Director 1- Advanced Programs and Business Development to lead business development efforts for a portfolio of ongoing programs and growth opportunities. The Advanced Programs and Business Development Director position is a strategic and high visibility leadership opportunity, reporting directly to the Strategic Space Systems Division Advanced Programs and Business Development Director as part of the growth-oriented and customer-focused leadership team. The Director will be responsible for implementing business development processes across market segments and operating units to keep current programs sold and drive additional growth, as well as collaborating across the company to help define, coordinate, and integrate synergistic business strategies.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct market, customer, and competitor assessments to support SSSD Business Unit growth strategy
- Develop/manage the long-range opportunity pipeline to support the AOP/LRSP process
- Plan/execute SSSD BU VP customer engagements/cadence, working with Government Relations
- Plan/execute program advocacy and protect efforts working with Government Relations
- Support SSSD BU Operating Unit market-segment research, strategy development and captures
- Support Business Strategy Team (BST) efforts across NGC
- Collaborate with Division/Sector BD counterparts on initiatives/actions to meet objectives
- Serve as a focal point for responding to Sector/Division strategy and business development actions with high quality inputs reflecting the SSSD BU business
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 10+ years of relevant experience in business development, strategy development, capture leadership and/or program management
- 5+ years of team leadership/management experience
- Knowledge of IC & DoD requirements, budgeting, and acquisition processes
- Experience executing defense industry business development processes
- Experience with USG space mission areas
- Strong understanding of USG customer community with established relevant relationships
- Knowledge and experience with Space Systems
- 4+ years of management experience
- US Citizenship required
- TS Clearance required
- Top Secret or SCI clearance or current in-scope SSBI
- Demonstrated ability to support/maintain robust competitive assessments, identifying strengths and weaknesses, win discriminators/themes, and supporting CA/PTW
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across business areas and industry teammates to accomplish strategic objectives for the mission area
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute, deliver an extraordinary customer experience across our customer set, infusing strategic messaging into all elements of BU customer engagement
- Support Operating Unit capture teams to translate customer needs/desires into specific requirements, identifying/tailoring company capabilities and solutions into high value proposition offerings, and supporting captures to effectively market the operating unit's products and capabilities to meet those needs
- Experience in developing winning proposals and post-win customer satisfaction
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example, the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details, please view Northrop Grumman Benefits.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.