Business Development Manager 3 (Top Secret clearance)
Requisition ID: R10115365
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America | Dulles, Virginia, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman Space Systems and be a part of the team of men and women who solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The Space Security business unit within the Tactical Space Systems division (TSSD) is seeking a Business Development Manager 3 to join their team. This individual may work in one of the following locations:
- Redondo Beach, CA (preferred)
- Dulles, VA
Lead business development and strategy for a portfolio of programs in the Space Security business area within individual Operating Unit objectives for growth. This individual will provide direction on the sustainment and organic growth of existing business development targets/programs as well as developing and leading the future business capture strategy in the DoD, Intelligence Community and adjacent markets.
The successful candidate must possess the domain experience and ability to: develop early win strategies for customer outreach and targeted influence; devise detailed government relations and legislative advocacy plans; convene multi-functional teams to create mission discriminators through affordable, innovative technology and engineering, management strategies and cost strategies, and present to senior management in a concise fashion to enable early bid/no bid decisions.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Managing task order distribution and workflow, proposals associated with small to large, cross division and sector re-competes.
- Actively communicate, interface and follow-up with customer community, potential new business enterprises and stakeholders.
- Translating customer needs into specific requirements, identifying/tailoring company services and solutions into offerings, and managing captures to effectively market the operating unit’s products and capabilities to meet those needs.
- Oversight on all aspects of the Business Acquisition Process (BAP) that includes steps to develop and execute growth strategies, identifying new business opportunities, establishing pursuit priorities, gaining, and growing customer intimacy, and developing success capture plans.
- Assisting capture/proposal managers with task order proposals and execution.
- Participating in key task order capture pursuits
- Experience with space domain/space security
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in capture management, business development, project/business/program management or engineering
- 2 years of experience in a leadership or supervisory role
- Must have a current and active Top Secret clearance
- Domain expertise in space system command and control and/or space business integration expertise
- Understand the DoD & intelligence budgets and marketplace
- Working knowledge of U.S. Government procurement policies and regulations
- Program management, hardware and/or software engineering skills
- TS/SCI clearance
- SAP clearance eligibility
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.