Manager of Portfolio Development 2
Requisition ID: R10118842
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is seeking a Manager of Portfolio Development. The selected individual will be responsible for developing portfolio shaping strategies to meet the sector’s capability development and market positioning objectives.
Primary responsibilities include performing comprehensive strategic and financial assessments of the current NGSP portfolio of businesses, developing and communicating portfolio shaping recommendations consistent with the sector’s long term strategic objectives, and supporting the execution of portfolio shaping actions approved by sector leadership. Example portfolio shaping actions include increasing or decreasing investment in a particular business, realignment of businesses within the NGSP portfolio or with other Northrop Grumman sector portfolios, developing key strategic partnerships, or acquiring or divesting businesses.
The Manager of Portfolio Development will also lead the sector’s strategic merger, acquisition, and divestiture (MA&D) process, with responsibility for identifying, characterizing, and prioritizing potential acquisition and divestiture candidates, and supporting the development and execution of MA&D transactions as well as the integration or separation of acquired or divested businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or 8 years with a Masters.
- Minimum of 5 years of in financial analysis and/or strategy development
- Strong analytical, statistical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience in the aerospace and/or defense industry
- Dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail, strong work ethic, ability to handle multiple priorities, and the ability to function independently
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant graduate degree
- Experience with MA&D transactions
- Knowledge of and experience in NGSP’s business areas
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior levels of management
- Minimum of eight years of progressively more responsible management, strategy, or analysis experience in the defense industry
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst
- Current DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.