Strategic Investment Manager 3
Requisition ID: R10125664
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Strategic Investment Manager 3 to join our diverse team of professionals based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
The Strategic Investment Manager is responsible for planning, allocating, and assessing Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) sector’s strategic internal investments, including cross-division internal research and development (IR&D) and capital expenditures (capex) supporting business growth, to help the sector achieve its strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities include working with division strategy leads to get to know their businesses, future plans, and investment needs, and working with sector strategy and technology planning leads to understand the sector’s strategic objectives and the associated capability needs and gaps, then developing investment plans intended to close those gaps.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with deep subject matter expertise who is curious, diligent, and thoughtful. They will be highly collaborative, outcome oriented, communicate effectively and have demonstrated leadership ability.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 8 years related experience or master’s degree with 6 years’ related experience.
- Minimum 5 years related experience to strategic investment planning.
- Compelling oral and written communication skills, effective problem-solving ability, and great organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple functions and teams.
- Expert proficiency with the MS Office suite, including Word, Power Point, Excel, and Teams.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Knowledge of Northrop Grumman products and solutions.
- Current DOD Secret or TS clearance.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package starting on your first day that includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.