Manager Business Development 3
Requisition ID: R10104758
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Business Development Manager to join Northrop Grumman’s Mission Systems sector’s Customer Operations Group with their specific focus on the Army market. This position will be located on Aberdeen Proving Grounds covering Mission Systems business interests that are involved with APG organizations. However, his/her focus would also encompass business areas that Mission Systems is involved with for the Army market in other geographic locations, working in conjunction with other team members to plan, support and execute strategies. Will consider full-time remote work arrangements for the right candidate.
The position will be responsible for the following Business Development job duties:
- Long range strategic planning for material life cycle of NG products
- Identification/creation and validation of program opportunities
- Assessing and evaluating near-term and long-term program requirements
- Early phase program plan development/execution
- Customer and partner relationship development and interaction management across multiple levels/functions
- Technical/operational/customer/partner knowledge for the Mission Systems business areas
- Knowledge of/experience with DoD programming/budgeting/acquisition processes
- Reporting results of customer activity and engagements
- Providing observations, insights and analysis of trends and opportunities in the assigned market in the form of written reports and presentations
- Responsible for managing multiple communication channels for dissemination of information regarding their assigned market to internal customers
- Tradeshow planning and leadership representing Mission Systems as the Sector level lead for virtual and in-person tradeshow
- Conduct market and opportunity research, analysis and business case development
- Travel may be required up to 30% of the time
The individual will determine capability trends and develop program cases that align customers’ needs/opportunities with Northrop Grumman’s capabilities and discriminators. The individual will also be an integral part of establishing a close link between division and staff engineering/systems design personnel and their peers within his/her external customer base, and for enhancing external customer knowledge of Mission Systems’ program capabilities and solutions.
Location: Aberdeen, MD
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of experience in business development; alternatively, equivalent military or business and program experience in lieu of formal business development experience accepted
- Experience and current relationships working with the US Army and Acquisition Community customers and industry counterparts (prime contractors, domain vendors/suppliers, etc.)
- Experience in leading/interacting with executives and technical professionals of various levels
- Experience leading teams
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Advanced degree in a business or technical discipline
- Recent, within the last 3 years, direct experience within PEO IEWS, PEO C3T or the C5ISR Center as civilian or military personnel.
- International business development experience
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to identify and qualify new program opportunities, and to develop and implement creative approaches for executing early phase program activities
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.