Manager Business Development 3
Requisition ID: R10125588
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Annapolis, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a Business Development Manager to join the Strategy and Mission Solutions Team supporting the Naval and Oceanic Systems business unit. The selected individual will be responsible for NGMS strategy and business development activities that are focused on Special Defense that are used by a number of customer communities. The Business Development Manager will play a critical role in creating business strategies to support our customers with advanced solutions. This position will be in Annapolis, MD – Washington, D.C. area.
The Business Development Manager will lead efforts to identify, prioritize, develop and capture Naval Special Warfare and Special Defense opportunities. The individual is responsible for developing customer contact plans to understand and translate operational needs and requirements into business opportunities. Working closely with the Naval & Oceanic Systems business unit, the individual will collaborate with a team of business professionals and other functional team members within the Northrop Grumman Corporation, other primes, teammates and subcontractors to develop and implement win strategies, compliant with Northrop Grumman’s business acquisition process (BAP).
The position will be responsible for the following Business Development job duties:
- Create and execute customer engagement plans; serve as point of contact for government and customer organizations
- Translate customer needs into specific requirements and identify / tailor company services and solutions into offerings
- Support annual and long range strategic planning
- Identify and manage a business pipeline of opportunities; assess and evaluate near-term and long-term business opportunities; align pursuit activities for optimal cost efficiency
- Lead responses to customer Requests for Information (RFI) and support capture efforts in support of customer Requests for Proposal (RFP), including new franchise opportunities
- Provide observations, insights and analysis of trends and opportunities in the undersea market in the form of written reports and presentations
- Conduct market and opportunity research, analysis and business case development, to include competitor analysis
- Travel may be required up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or 8 years with a Master’s; alternatively, equivalent military or civilian business and program experience in lieu of formal business development experience accepted
- Experience in, and established relationships working with Naval Special Warfare and Undersea Special Defense community are preferred
- Knowledge of DoD requirements, programming, budgeting, and acquisition processes
- Dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail, strong work ethic, strategic thinking with respect to customer needs, competitive positioning, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills that ensure collaborative and trusting relationships with all levels of the organization, including executive leadership and technical experts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop and deliver executive level presentations
- Experience leading teams
- U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret /SCI and related accesses
- Current TS/SCI clearance and existing program accesses.
- Advanced degree in a business or technical discipline
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to identify and qualify new program opportunities, and to develop and implement creative approaches for executing early phase program activities
- Thorough knowledge of government procurement and business development processes; experience in business development success across the phases of the Business Acquisition Process (BAP)
- Experience in requirements development, program management, and acquisition is desired.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.