Manager Business Development 1
Requisition ID: R10127752
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
An organization within Northrop Grumman Space Systems’ Payload and Ground Systems (PGS) division, SYNOPTICS is the world-wide leader in the growth, fabrication, and coating of crystalline materials used in laser systems. These “solid-state” laser crystals are used in products ranging from medical lasers to military laser systems. The Charlotte facility has been operating for over 40 years in the laser industry and has developed the reputation of providing the highest quality products with timely deliveries. Within the facility, solid-state oxide and fluoride crystals are grown from a high-temperature melt. SYNOPTICS has full optical fabrication capabilities for various plano and spherical geometries. SYNOPTICS serves the photonics and optics industry across the globe.
Learn more about SYNOPTICS at our website: https://www.northropgrumman.com/space/synoptics/.
- Manage the Business Development team of sales representatives and administrative personnel (six to nine employees) in order to continue to develop and motivate the team to achieve and maintain success.
- Manage the day-to-day Business Development team's operations which include tracking quotes, entering orders, scheduling lead- times, and ensuring export requirements are met.
- Work closely with the Production Control team to ensure achievable deliveries for customers and the manufacturing group.
- Oversee marketing and advertising functions.
- Travel to customer sites, both domestic and international.
- Attend industry trade shows to expand customer base and to build strong customer relationships.
- Bachelor of Science degree is required; a technical degree (engineering or science) is strongly preferred. 3 years of related experience is required with a master's degree, 0 years of related experience is required with PhD.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within a technical sales and marketing environment is required,
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Experience utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software such as salesforce.com for tracking of customer opportunities, quotes, wins, losses.
- Basic understanding of pricing and manufacturing costs is expected.
- Experience supporting both domestic and international customers is preferred.
- Experience in the optics, laser optics, or optical materials industry is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience is required; previous experience managing a sales and/or marketing team is preferred.
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Linked In, Facebook, etc.) is preferred.
- Managing people within a business development, mechanical, or manufacturing engineering environment.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.