Security Cooperation Manager 2
Requisition ID: R10122364
- Category: Business Development
- Location: McLean, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Security Cooperation Manager 2 within the Technology & Strategy, Business Development Sector team. This position will support the Director, Security Cooperation, in their role as the interface for coordinating Defense Systems sector security cooperation activities with the other Northrop Grumman sectors and the corporate government relations and corporate government business development teams. The Security Cooperation Manager will manage the Foreign Disclosure and Technology Release activities and be expected to respond to division requests, become a subject matter expert for USG international technology release policy, coordinate sector or multi-division teams to achieve sector-level strategy objectives, assist in developing command media, and contribute to various sector business development initiatives. The manager will also be expected to assemble information and author concise, high-quality briefings and white papers to be used by sector leaders to prepare for customer and industrial partner engagements.
He or she will be capable of functioning both independently and within a team. He or she will be expected to have a security clearance commensurate with the ability to read and understand USG technology release and foreign policy documents. He or she will be expected to develop strong working relationships and continue a trusted, transparent, and inclusive work atmosphere. With guidance from the Director, Security Cooperation, the manager will be seen as the go to person for assisting Business Development in developing technology release strategies. The manager must project a positive image for the Defense Systems sector when interacting with his or her division and corporate counterparts, external customers, and other outside agencies.
The candidate selected for this position will work closely with sector communications, division strategy directors, BD staff and campaign leaders to assist in deploying the sector’s global strategic goals and objectives. He or she will also attend regular coordination meetings with Corporate, and other division and sector staff. These meetings will include local area travel to Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland facilities. The manager will also have a large role in planning and facilitating Technology Release Forums which could include travel to NG DS facilities across the country. This position does not include international travel.
The candidate will demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills, as well as the ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to effectively complete projects within assigned deadlines. The candidate will have the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers. The candidate must have an active security clearance and experience working in a secure environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years of experience or 4 years with a Masters.
- Knowledge of Northrop Grumman Corporation structure and organization.
- Knowledge of Business Development processes, international defense trade, and strategic thinking techniques.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers to develop successful technology release and exportability strategies.
- Ability to effectively build relationships and foster a team environment.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to travel at least 15% (most travel is local, some occasional trips to other NGDS CONUS facilities, no international travel).
- Must be able to work onsite in secure environment.
- Active/transferable US DOD Secret clearance.
- Active/transferable Top-Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the NG facilities worldwide.
- Knowledge and experience with US Government defense laws, policies, and procedures as they relate to international arms cooperation, Foreign Military Sales, and Direct Commercial Sales.
- Knowledge and experience with the US Government technology release process.
- Knowledge and experience with the US Department of Commerce Advocacy Center and developing requests for advocacy.
- Knowledge and experience with foreign embassies located in the Washington DC metro area.
- An existing broad understanding of Northrop Grumman and Defense Systems products and services.
- Experience in establishing and working on cross functional project teams.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.