Manager Business Development 3
Requisition ID: R10127863
- Category: Business Development
- Location: McLean, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
As a leader in Naval sensors and ship systems, Northrop Grumman has provided advanced maritime capability for over 60 years, and is uniquely positioned to provide the U.S. Navy, USMC and US Coast Guard with the multi-domain capabilities that are required for 21st Century maritime operations. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a Business Development Manager in support of the Maritime/Land Systems and Sensors Division. The selected individual will be responsible for strategy, business development and pipeline growth, to include identification and qualification of new domestic and international business opportunities across the RF spectrum. Additionally, the selected individual will interface with Northrop Grumman business leadership and engineers to translate current and emerging Navy and Marine Corps radar and RF requirements and technologies into mission solutions and capabilities. This position is located in the Washington, D.C. area but will utilize hybrid work arrangements that support both the individual and the organization’s objectives.
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Translating customer needs into specific requirements
- Identifying and tailoring company services across divisions and Sectors and solutions into offerings
- Providing observations, insights and analysis of trends and opportunities in Naval / USMC warfare in the form of written reports and presentations
- Creating and executing customer engagement plans
- Serving as point of contact for government and customer organizations
- Reporting results of customer activity and engagements
- Supporting annual and long-range strategic and financial planning
- Leading responses to customer Requests for Information (RFI) and supporting capture efforts in support of customer Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- Engaging effectively across all levels and ranks of our government and industry partner organizations
- Coordinating with P&L lead to align strategic direction and customer needs
- Working closely with business execution team to ensure a clear, coordinated customer messaging
- Building coalitions across matrixed organizations to drive results
- Defining and understanding the warfighter’s hardest problems and interfacing with technical and business management teams to drive impactful solutions
- Solving hard, complex problems by analyzing broad variables to include market drivers, business impact, and technological feasibility
- Taking initiative on customer engagement with prime platform partner contractors, Government agencies, and small business
- Developing business case analysis
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or 8 years with a Master’s; alternatively, equivalent military or business and program experience in lieu of formal business development experience accepted
- Dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail, strong work ethic, strategic thinking with respect to customer needs, competitive positioning, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to identify and qualify new program opportunities, and to develop and implement creative approaches for executing early phase program activities
- Ability to think tactically and strategically - deliver near term results while focusing on long term solutions and positioning
- Strong interpersonal skills that ensure collaborative and trusting relationships with all levels of the organization, including executive leadership and technical experts
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop and deliver executive level presentations, talking points, and point papers.
- U.S. Citizenship and an active SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Engineering Background
- Detailed technical knowledge of EW/EA, EO/IR, RF, and communications systems and networks
- Current TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience leading teams
- Experience in, and established relationships working with Naval or Marine Corps requirements, Fleet, acquisition and resourcing organizations
- Experience working directly for, or supporting OPNAV / USMC staff and / or Navy / USMC acquisition program offices
- Knowledge of DoD requirements, programming, budgeting, and acquisition processes
- Thorough knowledge of government procurement and business development processes; experience in business development success across the phases of the Business Acquisition Process (BAP)
- Experience with OTA acquisitions
- Experience with international sales / export
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.