Mgr Strategic Planning 2
Requisition ID: R10126509
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States of America | Woodland Hills, California, United States of America | Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America | Falls Church, Virginia, United States of America | McLean, Virginia, United States of America+ 4 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an experienced Strategic Analyst Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position reports or the director, Strategy & Analytics, in the Strategy and Mission Solutions (SMS) organization in NG’s Navigation, Targeting, and Survivability division (NTSD). NTSD is headquartered in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. This position is on-site at Rolling Meadows or one of NTSD facilities (Apopka, FL; Baltimore, MD; Woodland Hills, CA; Buffalo NY, and Salt Lake City, UT.) Part-time remote may be considered.
The Strategic Analyst manager is responsible for developing and executing models and analyses for SMS to align business outcomes with division strategic objectives. Key responsibilities include operation of our investment planning process, business analysis of our pipeline, and market analysis and competitive intelligence associated with our franchise programs and DoD budget.
The individual will partner with stakeholders across the division, sector, and company as well as our consultants to understand key drivers to business success and develop and implement tools and solutions to optimize our competitive position and enhance the probability of meeting the division’s long- term goals. Teamwork and collaboration across other functional and P&L organizations is required.
Tasks include but are not limited to: supporting consultant SOW and reviewing consultant deliverables so that they meet quality and content objectives; the preparation and presentation of reports and recommendations to division and sector leadership; facilitation of resource review boards; developing assessments and recommendations of investment against technology requirements; and the interface and collaboration with other functional initiatives regarding our franchise and product line development initiatives. The ability to work in a highly matrixed organization and to collaborate to achieve outcomes is paramount.
- Strategic Investment Planning: Serve as the Division lead for the internal investment (NCTA) allocation planning and reporting process.
- Develops analysis to assure our strategic investments align with our strategy, technology objectives, and financial plan.
- Works with Business Management and the Division businesses to create a regular reporting cadence. Design report visuals in support of communicating investment profiles.
- Provides recommendations to leadership on investment strategies across the sector portfolio based on customer and industry analyses and identify investment opportunities to fill technology gaps, place calculated strategic bets, and advocate for allocating those resources.
- Works with relevant BU, Sector, and Division stakeholders to ensure investments are expended on schedule and within the planned parameters.
- Develops regular cadence with BU and Division stakeholders to understand investment execution gaps, new investment opportunities, and develop reallocation recommendations as needed.
- Strategic Gap Analysis: Support the annual strategic planning process. Execute strategic gap analysis to identify technology, capability, or process gaps.
- Strategic Studies: Support strategic arena, technology, competitor, and capability studies and provide recommendations. Lead or participate in analysis of risks, opportunities, M&A and partnerships to support strategic innovations and future capabilities. Develop data-driven analyses to support strategy development for the NT&SD portfolio. Coordinate with consultants for external analysis and recommendations, including support SOW development, quality reviews, and coordination activities.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 9 years work experience.
- Knowledge of DoD budget principles and process.
- Work experience in a planning function (data analytics, cost estimating and modeling, and parametric analysis, and/or other areas).
- Familiarity with DoD programs.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver, manage, and present communications (written/oral) with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored, and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
- Proven and effective executive-level briefing, writing, and organizational skills.
- Excellent skills with MS Office suite, particularly Teams, Excel, and Power Point.
- Working knowledge of CRM (example – Salesforce) and data visualization tools (example – Tableau).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor degree in engineering and/or STEM, or business related discipline and a Master’s Degree In business or strategy or related field.
- 15+ years’ work experience, with 5+ years’ experience in a planning or analysis role.
- Experience managing investment analysis and deep understanding of NCTA and capital investments.
- Knowledge of multiple platforms and domains within aerospace and defense industry.
- Knowledge of Northrop Grumman products and solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce and Tableau tools.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills and ability to influence strategic decisions.
- Current DOD Secret or TS clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.