Manager, Price to Win and Affordability Trades
Requisition ID: R10105649
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America | Falls Church, Virginia, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a leader for the Pursuit Analytics team to drive strategic growth by informing capture teams about customer evaluation trends and competitor bid tendencies. This position will support new business pursuits, offer development and positioning activities as part of the Sector Strategic Growth team. This opportunity will be located in our Falls Church, VA and Linthicum, MD facilities, and will allow for some hybrid flexibility, but will require regular onsite work.
This is a senior-level position that requires the blend of conceptual, technical, finance, and systems thinking skills to be successful. The candidate selected for this position will perform, lead and teach detailed analysis of market, customer and competitor strategic directions, and will perform detailed analysis of customer funding, tactical award trends, competitor tactical bid strategies, and recommend price to bid and design to cost objectives. The candidate will specialize in developing and implementing Position to Win (PTW)/Design to Cost (DTC) processes at the sector level and within domestic divisions and international groups. This will include developing formal training modules, teaching PTW process at the NG PTW Boot Camp, delivering continuing education sessions, supporting mentoring and skill certification programs, identifying external consultants, and collecting industry best practices.
This leader must be a self-starter capable of forming fact-based predictions and scenarios about customer and competitor intent, with minimal supporting material. The manager will be required, on a regular basis, to pursuade senior executives through actionable intelligence, courses of action, and business case analysis of profitable growth opportunities. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively. In addition to leading and evaluating direct reports, the manager will train and evaluate interdisciplinary capture teams to wargame competitor win strategies and role-play internal Northrop Grumman counter strategies. These work products will guide and inform sector and division priority bid-no bid decisions and influence investment allocation to offer design capability, capacity, and infrastructure throughout the competitive market cycle.
- Conduct primary and secondary source competitive intelligence analysis and disseminate intelligence in a timely and cogent manner to leaders up to the executive level
- Plan, develop and execute Customer Analysis, Competitor Analysis, Market Analysis, Business Case analysis and Cost Strategy Workshops
- Dissect/summarize/evaluate Presidential Budget documents, and DACIS and FPDS databases; perform data mining in support of Business Case and Cost Strategy efforts
- Decompose OTAs/RFIs/DRFPs/RFPs to determine the basis of competition and cost evaluation methodologies, likely rationale for and ranges of the IGCE
- Run war games, scenario analysis and black hats as necessary to support capture operations and strategy, construct visualization dashboards to illustrate market and opportunity dynamics
- Collect, analyze and normalize cost data/inputs from functional representatives, subcontractors and vendors; consolidate all input data into a comprehensive cost model; establish supporting assumptions in the presence of uncertainty
- Create complex / decision-based models to assess labor, subsystem and system level costs, including labor and material elements.
- Clearly articulate the cost impact of varying parametric cost inputs through the generation of sensitivity analyses
- Support the generation of Trade Studies in the context of Value Proposition elements; work collaboratively with Capture Team members to generate alternative solutions
- Decompose top-level cost targets into lower-level Design to Cost goals, based on Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Provide Affordability inputs to the System Architect Affordability Readiness Review (SAARR)
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years experience directly related to this position
- Understanding of Parametric models used for Systems Development (hardware & software), Systems Integration (hardware & software), and Services (labor intensive bids)
- Customer and Competitor knowledge in Mission Systems key markets
- 8+ years new business capture experience with DoD/IC acquisitions at various levels and roles.
- Experience with multiple new business captures in excess of $100M each
- Must be able to obtain TS/SCI level clearance
- Must be able to travel up to 20%
- Familiarity with SEER-SEM, COCOMO, Function Point Analysis or other Software tools
- Familiarity with SEER-H or other Hardware pricing tools
- Experience in Cost Modeling and /or Basis of Estimate Preparation
- Highly motivated, have exceptional communications skills (both oral and written) as well as exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Current active clearance
- Experience with Risk Management/Assessment, DOORS, Cameo, Jira, SEER-H and SEER-SEM
- Recent Cost Proposal Management experience highly desired
- Actively engaged with projects involving digital transformation, data analytics, engineering capability development, operations systems engineering, customer engagement or mission modeling, simulation and analysis.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.