Manager, Competitive Intelligence and Wargaming
Requisition ID: R10120810
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a leader of the Competitive Intelligence, Landscape Analysis and Wargaming team within the Pursuit Analytics function. This position will support new business pursuits, offer development and positioning activities as part of the Sector Strategic Growth team. This opportunity will be located in our Falls Church, VA and Linthicum, MD facility, and will allow for some hybrid flexibility, but will require regular onsite work.
The candidate selected for this position will perform, lead and teach detailed analysis of market, customer and competitor strategic directions, and will perform detailed analysis of customer funding, tactical award trends, competitor tactical bid strategies, and recommend price to bid and design to cost objectives. In addition to leading and evaluating direct reports, the manager will train and evaluate interdisciplinary capture teams to wargame competitor win strategies and role-play internal Northrop Grumman counter strategies. These work products will guide and inform sector and division priority bid-no bid decisions and influence investment allocation to offer design capability, capacity, and infrastructure throughout the competitive market cycle. The candidate will deliver continuing education sessions on wargaming tradecraft, supporting mentoring and skill certification programs, identifying external consultants, and collecting industry best practices.
This leader must be a self-starter capable of forming fact-based predictions and scenarios about customer and competitor intent, with minimal supporting material. The manager will be required, on a regular basis, to persuade senior executives through actionable intelligence, courses of action, and business case analysis of profitable growth opportunities. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Conduct primary and secondary source competitive intelligence analysis and disseminate intelligence in a timely and cogent manner to leaders up to the executive level
- Plan, develop and execute Market Analysis, Campaign Strategy Analysis, Customer Analysis, Competitor Wargames, Business Case analysis and Cost Strategy Workshops
- Decompose OTAs/RFIs/DRFPs/RFPs to determine the basis of competition and cost evaluation methodologies, likely rationale for and ranges of the IGCE
- Run war games, scenario analysis and black hats as necessary to support capture operations and strategy, construct visualization dashboards to illustrate market and opportunity dynamics
- Support the generation of Trade Studies in the context of Value Proposition elements; work collaboratively with Capture Team members to generate alternative solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 9 years experience directly related to this position
- Understanding of Parametric models used for Systems Development (hardware & software), Systems Integration (hardware & software), and Services (labor intensive bids)
- Customer and Competitor knowledge in Mission Systems key markets
- 6+ years new business capture experience with DoD/IC acquisitions at various levels and roles.
- Experience with multiple new business captures in excess of $50M each
- Must be able to obtain TS/SCI level clearance
- Must be able to travel up to 20%
- Experience in Cost Modeling and /or Basis of Estimate Preparation
- Highly motivated, have exceptional communications skills (both oral and written) as well as exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Current active clearance
- Leadership of teams dedicated to wargaming analysis and competitor role-playing
- Recent Cost Proposal Management experience highly desired
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.