Level 2/Level 3 Principal Proposal Analyst
Requisition ID: R10120052
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
- Develops and helps lead proposals by providing clear pricing/estimating direction from proposal kick-off and continued guidance throughout the process for successful proposal execution.
- Coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments.
- Reviews and guides the functions in developing quality basis of estimates.
- Responsible for preparing timely, accurate and compliant price proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications, FAR/ DFARS requirements and Sector Estimating System and Procedures
- Researches and analyzes historical data and develops pricing models to support proposal efforts.
- Possesses the ability to display quantitative data (pricing) in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner to management/ leadership team
- Effectively supports customer fact-finding and Leads DCAA I DCMA audits
- Participates as an active member of the contract negotiating team
- Provides day-to-day direction and guidance to junior pricing analysts
- Will be required to manage a diverse portfolio of pricing activities including, but not limited to Proposal Cost Volumes, Basis of Estimates, Cost Estimating Factors and ad-hoc analysis
- Develop reports and tools as needed to support analytical needs of the pricing effort
- Initiates process improvements to enhance productivity & efficiency within Pricing & Estimating
- Delivers innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
Basic Qualifications for Level 2 Proposal Analyst:
Bachelor's degree with 3 years of experience or a Master's Degree with 1 year of experience in the following areas: Proposal Development, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Pricing, Estimating and/or related experience.
Experience with government proposal process
Knowledge and understanding of labor/material estimating, proposal analysis, and proposal adequacy as prescribed in DFARS
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
Basic Qualifications for Principal Proposal (Pricing) Analyst:
Bachelor's degree with 6 years of pricing/estimating, finance, contracts, proposals, and/or business-related experience, or a Master's degree with 4 years of stated experience.
Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Advanced Excel skills (write complex formulas, produce live models, code VBA, etc)
Knowledge of the government regulations FAR and DFARS
Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and accounting/proposal auditing techniques
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.