Manager Proposals 2
Requisition ID: R10127408
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Woodland Hills, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, Navigation, Targeting and Survivability Division is seeking a Proposal Manager 2 with the experience, vision and people skills to execute highly effective proposal efforts with multifaceted teams. The Proposal Manager 2 will lead proposal teams across the division to ensure successful, compliant, compelling and on-time proposal submissions.
Proposal support includes sector and division priority wins, along with support to other proposals in division and business units. This individual will work onsite at our Woodland Hills facility. Must be willing and able to travel, as needed (up to 10%).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and managing large, complex proposals in response to RFIs, RFPs, and BAAs from DoD, other U.S. Government agencies, international and commercial customers.
- Supervising and mentoring Proposal Operations staff.
- Providing pre-proposal planning support to the Capture Manager, including RFP shaping, strategy, and development of capture related products. Collaborating with the Capture Manager on proposal execution approach and team staffing.
- Working with the Capture Manager and core team to develop win themes, messages, discriminators and key features of our offering.
- Articulating and enforcing proposal roles and responsibilities for all members of the proposal team.
- Maintaining virtual and physical work space for proposal execution and ensuring configuration control of proposal documents.
- Analyzing RFPs, creating outlines and compliance matrices to ensure compliance with solicitation documents.
- Developing and executing the Proposal Development Plan, including schedule.
- Assist the Capture Manager preparing for and leading the proposal kick-off meeting.
- Preparing for and leading proposal stand-ups and status meetings.
- Scheduling and overseeing proposal reviews: first draft, red team, final draft.
- Reviewing proposal content for compliance with solicitation instructions, clarity, accuracy, and consistency across volumes.
- Finalizing proposal documents for delivery.
- Exemplifying Northrop Grumman values and leadership behaviors.
- Enforcing compliance with Northrop Grumman procedures, policies, and processes.
- Bachelor's degree with 9+ years of industry related experience for U.S. Government customers or related experience – OR –
a Master’s degree with 7+ years of industry related experience for U.S. Government customers or related experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in proposal management.
- Experience managing competitive proposals of $20M in value or greater.
- Experience leading proposal volumes and/or performing as a writer on proposals.
- Experience training, leading, and directing activities of team members through execution of a formal proposal process.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office required (particularly WORD and Excel).
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to ensure changes to plans are fully understood.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking, writing, editing, and visual element planning.
- Ability to organize, balance, and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly dynamic environment.
- U.S. Citizenship required with ability to obtain a U.S. Government active Secret security clearance if required.
- Experience with agile processes and tools.
- Experience with international programs, proposals, and contracts.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills in creating successful proposals targeted to U.S. Federal and/or DoD customers.
- Proficiency in desktop publishing and graphics execution.
- Proficiency in SharePoint.
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) Certified Proposal Practitioner/Professional.
- Active Secret clearance.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.