Manager 2, Contracts- El Segundo, CA (TS/SCI Clearance Required) $10,000.00 Sign on Bonus
Requisition ID: R10128084
- Category: Business Management
- Location: El Segundo, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Manager 2, Contracts to join its team of qualified and diverse individuals supporting its Tactical Space Systems Division, specifically the Space Security Systems (SPS) Mission Integrated Operating Unit (OU). The successful candidate will be a direct report to SPS BU Contracts Leadership and will work closely on a day-to-day basis with the OU Program Managers/Directors, Business Managers, Operations Managers, Capture Managers, and functional teams throughout the OU. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the MI OU contracts’ portfolio delivering strong customer satisfaction, successful financial performance and risk mitigation. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision and management of contract administration, contracts within the OU’s portfolio, and the OU’s captures. As Manager, the selected candidate will also be required to provide objective-oriented direction utilizing management guidelines, general policies and maintain a strong level of engagement, while dynamically leading, inspiring, motivating and developing a team of contract professionals. This position is based in El Segundo, CA.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
The Manager 2, Contracts’ responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the highest ethical standards for personal conduct and provide the requisite leadership to ensure compliance with Northrop Grumman ethical standards and requirements, and company policies and procedures.
- Provide strategic contract management leadership and guidance to management at the SPS Business Unit level and its four Operating Units, to promote achievement of company and customer objectives.
- Review and approve contractual documents for protection of the company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies and therefore a keen attention to detail is essential.
- Planning and executing successful contract negotiations of a complex nature and achieving targeted profit rates as well as favorable terms and conditions to assist in meeting profit and cash goals.
- Regular and proactive interface and effective collaboration with program, technical and operations organizations to provide guidance and direction based upon the requirements of the tender and resulting contracts.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, offer guidance and work cooperatively with a multitude of organizations ranging from technical, program, finance, supply chain, export, and security.
- Be a role model for diversity and inclusion through seeking out and including diverse opinions and perspectives, can solve complex problems by actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrate commitment and energy to meet customer needs with the ability to provide concise and effective communication through presentation, written documentation, or email format with different levels of Management is key.
- Administer, extend, negotiate, and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conduct proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Prepare bids; process specifications, progress, and other reports; advise management of contractual rights and obligations; compile and analyze data; and maintain historical information.
- Build strong customer intimacy and employee engagement to assist with growing this important business area.
- BS/BA in Business, Finance, or related discipline with a minimum of 10+ years of industry related experience in contract administration/management – OR – a master’s degree in BS/BA in Business, Finance, or related discipline with a minimum of 8+ years of industry related experience as outlined above. An additional four years’ experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Leadership experience to include staff management and motivation and leading teams to successful outcomes.
- Experience negotiating and administering various contract types of varying sizes and types of agreements with the DoD.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of applicable government regulations, including the FAR and DFARS.
- Advanced proposal development and negotiation skills.
- Ability to function independently and effectively with competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, hands-on secured environment.
- Ability to travel several times annually.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to use them in informing, presenting, and negotiating to all levels of management.
- Willingness to work collaboratively as part of a dynamic business unit leadership team.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- An active TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph security clearance.
- MBA, or equivalent professional contract management certification.
- 13 years' experience in government contracting.
This role offers a sign on bonus of $10,000; Northrop Grumman employees are not eligible
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.