Contracts Manager - Level 2 - Deployables
Requisition ID: R10118367
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Goleta, California, United States of America | Ventura, California, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector is looking for a Contracts Manager - Level 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The selected candidate may be seated in one of the respective business locations: Goleta, CA or Oxnard, CA. Travel between the two locations will be required. May consider part-time telework schedule.
In this role, the selected candidate will:
- Work complex assignments independently and support Finance, Program Management, and various levels of Management.
- Lead proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and contract administration activities from the proposal through closeout.
- Administrate daily contract activities for a variety of product lines and contract types, including cost reimbursable and firm fixed; such activities will include, establishing payment terms, initiating and monitoring invoicing, collections, and funding to support financial objectives.
- Enter and manage data in the financial/delivery system.
- Participate in IPT and customer meetings; performing and monitoring compliance to contract requirements and leading change management process.
- Ensure non-disclosure agreements and contract terms and condition are negotiated within company guidelines.
- Manage direct reports responsible for the administration of the contracts within the portfolio.
- Provide advise and counsel on contractual risks and mitigation to senior leadership.
- Review and approval of contractual documents to protect the company’s contractual posture, adherence to company policies, provide advice and counsel to various levels of leadership regarding contractual rights and obligations and interpretation of terms and conditions.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Interpret, apply, and follow contract acquisition rules, company policies, and customer specifications.
- Think strategically, trouble shoot issues and work with various teams to drive tasks to completion efficiently and accurately in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Effectively communicate, verbally and written, with both internal and external customers is imperative.
- Must be able to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must possess excellent decision-making skills that support resolution of complex problems while minimizing risk to the Corporation.
Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work collaboratively with team members, including in an advisory role to program management, site management, and the customers.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience in a contracts related field - OR - Master's degree with 8+ years of contracts related experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- US Citizenship is required
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS/NFS clauses.
- Experience in the Aerospace Industry or Manufacturing Industry.
- Experience working independently on routine to moderate contract management responsibilities, including contract and regulatory compliance, and negotiations (price, terms and conditions, and technical requirements).
- Ability to manage multiple contracts at the same time of moderate value and risk level, including various contract types such as cost reimbursable and fixed price.
- Basic understanding of Government contracting requirements; understanding of international contracting.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.