Staff Contract Administrator (TS Clearance Required to Start) Redondo Beach, CA
Requisition ID: R10119074
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Manhattan Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable, and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
The SSSD Comm Systems Business Operating Unit / Milsatcom Operating Unit is in search of a Staff Contract Administrator to join our team of qualified, dedicated, and diverse individuals. This position is in Redondo Beach, California and will report to the Program Contract Administrator Manager.
As a Contract Administrator, you will join a group of passionate professionals as an integral member of a team including members of Program Management, Cost and Schedule, Finance, and other disciplines at various levels of Management and functional areas. As a detail oriented individual, you will thrive and excel in a fast-paced work environment with diverse assignments. The incumbent selected will have a strong knowledge of contractual concepts and government regulations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively prioritize competing priorities
- Perform an advisory role to program management, program stakeholders, and the customer, including in a program capture environment
- Support proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and contract administration activities from the proposal phase through closeout
- Work independently
- Administrate daily contract activities for a variety of product lines and contract types, including cost reimbursable and firm fixed. Such activities will include CDRL deliveries, establishing payment terms, monitoring invoicing, and funding to support financial objectives
- Enter or manage data in the ERP, CMS, and other systems
- Participate in IPT and customer meetings, perform compliance to contract requirements, and lead the change management process
- Ensure non-disclosure agreements and contract terms and condition are negotiated within company guidelines
- Interpret, apply, and follow contract acquisition regulations, company policies, and customer terms and specifications
- Trouble shoot issues and work with various teams to drive tasks to completion efficiently and accurately
- Perform contract reporting in a timely, effective, and concise manner
- Effectively and professionally communicate verbally and in writing, with both internal and external customers/stakeholders
- Conduct change management while ensuring that contracts are performed to their baseline and that changes are vetted with required relevant stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree and 15+ years of experience in any combination of the following: Contract Administration, Business Administration or Supply Chain or a Master’s Degree and 13+ years of stated experience
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret Security Clearance
- Knowledge of Government regulations to include Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Proficiency with MS Office/365
- An advanced degree in a relevant field (JD, MBA, etc.)
- Active US Government Top Secret and/or SSBI/SCI security clearance
- Experience with multiple contract types, particularly firm fixed price contracts
- Change management experience
- Ability to meaningfully apply expertise to program capture and strategic planning
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off work.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers” video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.