Contracts Administrator – Senior Principal *Top Secret Clearance Required*
Requisition ID: R10125874
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Contracts Administrator – Senior Principal to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals supporting its Payload Ground Systems Division, specifically the Mission Controls Systems division.
This position will be based in Redondo Beach, CA, will predominantly be required to be onsite, and may have potential for a hybrid work schedule, based on manager discretion.
The successful candidate will be a direct report to our Contracts Manager and will work closely on a day-to-day basis with the Program Managers/Directors, Business Managers, Operations Managers, Capture Managers, and functional teams.
This position will be responsible for all aspects of a contract portfolio from the business development phase through closeout, delivering customer satisfaction, building customer relationships and providing timely responses to both external and internal customers. The initial duties of the selected candidate will be to provide contracts support to major capture and proposal efforts.
These duties will include taking on the lead role for all customer communications and correspondence, authoring Contracts Management proposal sections, preparing representations and certifications, OCI sweeps, analyzing terms and conditions, technical data rights and assertions and guiding the proposal through the proposal approval process. Candidate will be the lead contracts representative for these major proposals and will be in a high visibility position requiring consistent interaction with proposal teams and frequent interaction with senior management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prioritize proposal activities and working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Identify contractual risks and mitigate with appropriate contract provisions.
- Serve as key business advisor to the program managers on contractual and operational matters.
- Plan and execute successful contract negotiations of a complex nature and achieving targeted profit rates, favorable terms and conditions on both contracts and other agreements inclusive of teaming agreements required to assist in mitigating risk and meeting overall financial goals.
- Build customer intimacy despite geographical separation as well as be able to effectively cultivate those relationships early on.
- Make decisions in a timely manner under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Offer guidance and work collaboratively with a multitude of organizations ranging from technical, program, finance, global supply chain, global mobility office and security for seamless contract administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of contract administration or related experience – OR – Master’s degree with 8+ years of experience in contract administration or related field.
- An additional 4 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience working large competitive DoD proposals.
- Experience negotiating and administering various contract types of varying sizes and types of agreements with the DoD.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of applicable government regulations such as FAR or DFAR.
- Ability to travel 10% of time.
- US Citizen.
- Active, current DoD Top Secret Security Clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a SCI.
- Active, current DoD Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- Certification from the National Contracts Management Association (NCMA).
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.