Requisition ID: R10128193
- Category: Business Management
- Location: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We’re looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we’ll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field, or an industry thought leader. At Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
We are looking for you to join our team as Contract Administrator based out of San Diego.
What You’ll get to Do:
The Contract Administrator will work with program business management teams to closely monitor contract funding and payments, while partnering with technical staff to address customer questions and requests.
The selected candidate will review and analyze customer Requests for Proposal/Quotes (RFPs/RFQs) to understand Statements of Work (SOW) and contract requirements and advise the program team on contractual terms and conditions and risk identification/mitigation strategies. In addition, this role will examine estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness. This role will oversee contract performance, including schedules and deliverables and complete actions to ensure satisfactory program performance while maintaining and updating contract/program files and records. As part of this role, the Contract Administrator will ensure company proposals are fully responsive to prospective customer requirements; prepare proposal submittal documents, and coordinate/complete appropriate levels of internal review and approval. This role will interface with internal stakeholders and customer counterparts via email, telephone, and in-person and will developing negotiation strategies, negotiate terms and conditions, cost/price, and fee. Exercising attention to detail and organization skills, this role will administer, negotiate, terminate, and close-out standard contracts (e.g., FFP, T&M, CPFF) and nonstandard contracts (e.g., UCAs) while researching contact issues and preparing analysis and/or recommendations. Daily, this role will apply knowledge of FAR/DFARS and US Export Regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management, Marketing, etc.) or Contracts adjacencies (Criminal Justice, English, International Business, Legal Studies, Political Science, Public Policy, Supply Chain Management) from an accredited institution with 3+ years of professional experience in contracts, subcontracts, business management, finance, accounting, or related field or Master's degree with 1 year of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with FAR/DFARS
- US citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience using SAP and or Northrop Grumman Contracts systems and resources.
- Experience in contacts administration within the defense industry
- Experience reading and interpreting legal and contractual requirements.
What We Can Offer You
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment which encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.
Your benefits will include the following: Health Plan, Savings Plan, Paid Time Off and Additional Benefits including Education Assistance, Training and Development, 9/80 Work Schedule (where available), and much more!
- Professional experience in a regulated industry such as Aerospace & Defense, Insurance, Financial Services, or Telecommunications.
- SAP or COGNOS software tool experience
- Earned Value Management (EVM) customer reporting, MPM, or COBRA experience
- Current/Active DoD Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret SCI Full Scope Polygraph security clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.