Contracts Manager - Space Security Programs & Enabling Technologies Programs - Top Secret Clearance Required
Requisition ID: R10124652
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Contracts Manager 1 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. In this role, the selected candidate will support the Payload & Ground Systems Division, specifically the Space Security Programs & Enabling Technologies Programs Operating Unit (OU), as the OU Contracts Manager. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a team located in Linthicum, MD and will be onsite due to nature and scope of the work.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the OU contracts’ portfolio delivering strong customer satisfaction, successful financial performance and risk mitigation. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision and management of contract administration/staff personnel, contracts within the OU’s portfolio, and the OU’s captures.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review and approve contractual documents for protection of the company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies.
- Plan and execute successful contract negotiations of a complex nature and achieving targeted profit rates as well as favorable terms and conditions to assist in meeting profit and cash goals.
- Interface and effectively collaborate with program, technical and operations organizations in order to provide guidance and direction based upon the requirements of the tender and resulting contracts.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, offer guidance and work cooperatively with a multitude of organizations ranging from technical, program, finance, supply chain, export and security.
- Administer, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conduct proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Prepare bids; process specifications, progress, and other reports; advise management of contractual rights and obligations; compile and analyze data; and maintain historical information.
- Build strong customer intimacy and employee engagement to assist with growing this important business area.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of experience that includes Contracts Administration, Organizational Management, or related experience – OR – Master’s Degree with 4+ years of related experience that includes Contracts Administration or Organizational Management.
- Experience negotiating and administering various contract types of varying sizes and types of agreements with the DoD.
- Understanding of government regulations, including the FAR and DFAR.
- Contract administration and negotiation skills.
- Current, active Top Secret Security Clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI.
- Defense or Aerospace industry experience.
- CPCM, CFCM, CCCM or other professional certification from NCMA.
- Leadership or supervisor experience.
- Current, active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
**This position can offer up to a 10k sign-on bonus for the selected candidate. Current NGC employees are not eligible.**
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.