Contracts Administrator – Level 3 or 4 *Top Secret Clearance Required*
Requisition ID: R10126774
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America | Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector’s Payload & Ground Systems is seeking a Contracts Administrator – Level 3 or 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in either Linthicum, MD or Rolling Meadows, IL and will be onsite based on nature and scope of the role. This role offers a sign-on bonus up to $5,000; Northrop Grumman employees are not eligible.
This position will support our Space Security Programs Operating Unit along with our Emerging Technologies and Programs Operating Unit. We offer a 9/80 work schedule, which allows for every other Friday off.
The Contract Administrator is responsible for supporting proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact activities to provide and ensure proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer requirements. You will be an embedded member of the program management team, supporting program success and new growth opportunities across the portfolio.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as primary interface with customer for contractual issues.
- Monitor contract and associated program to ensure that contractual obligations are communicated and understood.
- Participate in contract proposal preparation, contract negotiations, contract administration, and customer contract activities to manage assigned contracts in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Work under general supervision to develop solutions to both routine and complex contractual matters to ensure company compliance with contract requirements on assigned programs.
- Ensure fulfillment of contract requirements, manage contract changes and maintain historical information.
- Review terms and conditions to address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification and all other potential risk areas and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist management in achieving financial goals related to cash management, EBIT and sales.
- Prepare and manage written communications with internal and external customers for assigned contractual matters.
- Enter and maintain contract data into Contract Management System and/or Enterprise Accounting System.
- Ensure timely delivery of all contractual deliverables and submission of invoices.
This role will have significant visibility within high visibility programs, including corporate submittals and reviews and must manage tight deadlines in a complex environment. This individual must have the ability to meet high performance expectations in a very dynamic environment.
Excellent communication is a must as the selected candidate will be directly involved in negotiations with the customer as a strategic team member. Our team is looking for someone who wants to grow and get experience with different contract types.
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Level 3:
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of experience in contracts related field - OR – Master’s degree with 4+ years of experience in contracts related field.
Basic Qualifications for a Senior Principal Level 4:
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience in contracts related field - OR – Master’s degree with 8+ years of experience in contracts related field.
Basic Qualification for both levels:
- An additional 4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Current, active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Familiarity with FAR, DFARS and/or government regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe.
Preferred Qualifications for both levels:
- Contract administration or contract management experience in defense or aerospace industry.
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS and/or government regulations.
- Experience with Cost-Type and/or Firm Fixed Price contracting types.
- Current, active DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.