Manager Contract Administration 2- Dulles, VA (TS Clearance Required) $10K Sign-on Bonus
Requisition ID: R10122474
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Dulles, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an experienced Contract Manager to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals supporting the National Security Contracts team. This position will manage a small staff and be responsible for leading proposal efforts, administering contracts from cradle to grave, executing change proposals, building relationships with both internal and external customers, performing risk assessments of contract terms, and preparing presentations for management.
This is an opportunity to put your advanced communication and problem-solving skills to use! We are looking for an individual that can work independently with little to no supervision. This position will support large government programs that require the use of earned value metrics. Previous experience working in secure environments is required. It is a fast paced and exciting opportunity!
This position requires a TS/SCI clearance and the ability to work on-site in secure environments in our Dulles facility.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with 10+ years of relevant experience or master's degree with 8+ years of relevant experience in contract administration/management.
- Experience working in a leadership capacity.
- Experience negotiating and administering various contract types of varying sizes and types of agreements with government agencies.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of applicable government regulations, including the FAR and DFARS.
- Advanced proposal development and negotiation skills.
- Ability to function independently and effectively with competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, hands-on secured environment.
- Ability to travel several times annually.
- Willingness to work collaboratively as part of a dynamic business unit leadership team.
- Current active Top Secret security clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional certification.
- Experience with international contracting.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills that support accomplishment of discipline objective to resolve complex problems and minimize risk to the Corporation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to use them in informing, presenting, and negotiating to all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions, ensuring high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Current, active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
This role offers a sign on bonus of $10,000; Northrop Grumman employees are not eligible
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.